Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 09:16 AM

40 posts, read 58,237 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on this suburb and school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 09:52 AM

655 posts, read 1,128,822 times
Great parish.....it was mine when I lived in Burr Ridge and Willowbrook. I was also married there. I don't know much about the school in terms of performance because they don't really post much about Catholic school stats but of my friends that went to Catholic schools growing up, this one was the most popular. Let's just say that people aren't going forego some of the best public schools in the area if the education wasn't comparable at the private school.

As far as Willowbrook goes....it is a nice town but nothing special about it. No downtown and no real sense of community because it is pretty spread out. There are a fair amount of condos and apartments and industrial areas and then some nice pockets of single family homes. We lived near 63rd and Clarendon Hills Rd and I found it to be a high traffic area. I don't know where you are looking specifically, but a lot of the homes are older in the area and some streets I think have a run down feel to them.

One thing to note.....when we moved to Willowbrook we were told that anyone living on the west side of rt 83 was not within the St Isaac parish limits and could not join. I was able to get an exemption because it was my parish most of my life and the rest of my family was still there. I don't know if that has changed or not.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:48 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Willowbrook is a nice option. There are several different parts of town, each has some pluses. The parts of Willowbrook closest to Clarendon Hills have probably seen the most tear down activity. Many of the folks that have newer homes in that part of town and prefer Catholic choose Holy Trinity in Westmont or Notre Dame in Clarendon Hills.

The parts of Willowbrook further south are more convenient to Our Lady of Peace in Darien.

For folks in the eastern parts of Willowbrook it might be easier to get to St. Isaacs or maybe even St. John of the Cross in Western Springs.

I really don't know how things like bus routes are handled but my sense is car pools or just daily drop-off / pick-up are not uncommon; I've seen lots of moms (and some dads) that seem to enjoy that sort of thing as being part of the private school experience...

Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM

110 posts, read 277,947 times
I'm not commenting on the parish other than to say that everyone I know from Hinsdale that now goes to Notre Dame in Clarendon Hills used to go to St. Isaac Jogues before leaving. The comparisons I always hear are: St. Isaac Jogues = Pope Benedict. Notre Dame = Pope Francis. But you should really visit yourself and really get to know the pastor and administrators to draw your own conclusions.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:17 PM

40 posts, read 58,237 times
Well, personally I am looking for SCHOOL = Pope John Paul II

Old 05-21-2015, 01:42 PM

110 posts, read 277,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickythebean View Post

Well, just be careful in assuming that school and parish administration are mutually exclusive.

Old 05-21-2015, 02:14 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickythebean View Post

I think the top guy at Holy Trinity is from Poland...

Old 05-21-2015, 05:27 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,084,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Willowbrook is a nice option. There are several different parts of town, each has some pluses. The parts of Willowbrook closest to Clarendon Hills have probably seen the most tear down activity. Many of the folks that have newer homes in that part of town and prefer Catholic choose Holy Trinity in Westmont or Notre Dame in Clarendon Hills.

The parts of Willowbrook further south are more convenient to Our Lady of Peace in Darien.

For folks in the eastern parts of Willowbrook it might be easier to get to St. Isaacs or maybe even St. John of the Cross in Western Springs.

I really don't know how things like bus routes are handled but my sense is car pools or just daily drop-off / pick-up are not uncommon; I've seen lots of moms (and some dads) that seem to enjoy that sort of thing as being part of the private school experience...
My nephew got married at Our Lady of Peace. It seems like a nice church and they have a k-8 school too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs