Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 PM

24 posts, read 22,377 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a small home to accommodate a family of 3. We have looked at several areas on Napeville but either the houses are too old or too pricey. Newer construction is past 95th street which is too far of a commute for me as I work in Schaumburg. My wife works in the Naoerville area.

We found some potential houses near the west side of 75th and 85th street. Technically these houses belong the the Aurora zip code but the schools fall under the Naperville township. I have been researching the areas online but cannot make a decision. Obviously these houses are a bit cheaper relative to similar housing in NAPV side.

What parts of Aurora are bad? Is this a bad move? Whenever I mention Aurora to some folks they tell me worry about re zoning and etc. Appreciate the honest opinion. How is crime in the area? Any cautions of sending my kid to NAPV schools even though we may live in aurora. My main concern is safety and having nice neighbors to rely on and have a community feel.

Pardon my stupid questions. The reason I ask is because I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 09:46 PM

720 posts, read 1,083,171 times
If it's in Aurora and is in Naperville Township, then that means it is most likely in D204, and off the top of my head, it sounds like that area would go to Neuqua, which is a very good school.

Overall with Aurora, you want to avoid anything that is not in the Batavia or D204 districts, unless you are planning on doing private school. I would highly highly doubt that anything in that area of Aurora would get rezoned into any undesirable school district. That part is so far removed from East Aurora's district that it would be a highly unlikely scenario. If anything, it may change high schools, but all three D204 schools are excellent.

I would see no problems with any neighborhoods down that way. That part of Aurora may have an Aurora zip code but it is much more "culturally" in line with Naperville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs