Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old

7 posts, read 23,393 times

Advertisements

I'm researching a possible relocation to Channahon. The area I am considering is in the Amberleigh area that falls within the Minooka school district. Does anyone have any comments about Minooka schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
I live in an area of West Joliet that falls in the Minooka school district. My son is only 20-months old so he is not in school yet. My neighbors have been very happy with the schools, however. I did some research on the schools when looking to buy, and the Minooka schools rated the best in this area, which is why we chose to buy in this district. The district is growing and there is currently a second high school under construction and funding was just approved to build a new elementary school near me (Ridge Road and Black Road) and also a 5th-6th grade center near the jr. high. Hope this helps!
Voters back Minooka plan :: Herald News :: News (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/779082,4_1_JO06_MINREF_S1.article - broken link)

Old

Default Channahon/Minooka

Thank you very much for the information and especially the link. That itself makes me feel better about the overcrowding statements I've read.

Old

4 posts, read 14,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
I live in an area of West Joliet that falls in the Minooka school district. My son is only 20-months old so he is not in school yet. My neighbors have been very happy with the schools, however. I did some research on the schools when looking to buy, and the Minooka schools rated the best in this area, which is why we chose to buy in this district. The district is growing and there is currently a second high school under construction and funding was just approved to build a new elementary school near me (Ridge Road and Black Road) and also a 5th-6th grade center near the jr. high. Hope this helps!
Voters back Minooka plan :: Herald News :: News (http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/779082,4_1_JO06_MINREF_S1.article - broken link)

My mom used to live in Minooka and it was ok...it was definitely a growing community, but the downtown was still stuck in the depression era.

Old

72 posts, read 262,858 times
i live in joliet, but my 9 year old goes to minooka schools and is thriving there. She was previously in Plainfield schools and it was fine too, but we prefer minooka. Does the person who mentioned the new elementary school know if is going in sable ridge sub? I hope not, then we lose our bus service...and have to get all my kids out in the am to take only one to school......but to ansewer you, this area is great!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by giazma View Post
i live in joliet, but my 9 year old goes to minooka schools and is thriving there. She was previously in Plainfield schools and it was fine too, but we prefer minooka. Does the person who mentioned the new elementary school know if is going in sable ridge sub? I hope not, then we lose our bus service...and have to get all my kids out in the am to take only one to school......but to ansewer you, this area is great!
I'm not positive, but I think the new school is planned for the Lakewood Prairie side of Black and Ridge.

Old

72 posts, read 262,858 times
I have been spoiled and the bus stop is right in front of my door! I have 2 newborns so this is gona stink, Lakewood prarie is right across ridge from me

Thanks for the info on that though, if it wasnt for damn neumann my house in neufairfield would be done and i would not live here! hahahah Karma!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by giazma View Post
I have been spoiled and the bus stop is right in front of my door! I have 2 newborns so this is gona stink, Lakewood prarie is right across ridge from me

Thanks for the info on that though, if it wasnt for damn neumann my house in neufairfield would be done and i would not live here! hahahah Karma!
Trust me, I know what a pain-in-the-butt that Neumann situtation is. I live in the deserted construction zone Neustoneshire.

Old

Default Channahon/Minooka

Thanks everyone for your comments. I went to tour the school and really liked what I saw. Now I just have to sell my Orland Park condo so I can move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs