Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 6,384 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have plan to relocated to Deerfield Illinois from India for employment. Tentative travel date would be May 15th. Can you please help me suggesting apartments where I can stay in and use public transport to commute to Deerfield Takeda parkway.

I am single and would like stay close to wall greens or warlmart or kroger and indian store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 07:36 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhi_Maddur View Post
Hi,

I have plan to relocated to Deerfield Illinois from India for employment. Tentative travel date would be May 15th. Can you please help me suggesting apartments where I can stay in and use public transport to commute to Deerfield Takeda parkway.

I am single and would like stay close to wall greens or warlmart or kroger and indian store.
The eastern sections of Buffalo Grove & Wheeling have pretty large Indian populations that also commute to the numerous corporations in that Deerfield area. Indian grocery stores are fairly easy to find & all the convenient stores you referenced are there except Kroger (instead you have Jewel-Osco & possibly Mariano's depending on where in town). The Chicago metro area has the 2nd largest concentration of Indians in the USA after the NYC/NJ Tri-State metro area lol. It is one of the easiest metro areas in the USA for an Indian / Desi to blend in, although percentage-wise they still only stand at 1.8% of the general population. The San Jose, California / Silicon Valley area might have a much larger percentage (6.4%), but their overall population total is still smaller than Chicagoland because it is a smaller metro compared to greater Chicago + suburbs.

Old 04-19-2016, 07:56 AM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
There are really only two Pace Bus routes that serve Takeda and both of them are essentially shuttles from either the Metra Rail service on the UP-North line or the MilwaukeeDistrict Line. Any of the apartment along that route might be rather pricey.

TransitMaster WebWatch

http://www.pacebus.com/pdf/maps/627map.pdf

Neither of those rail lines connects to any particularly affordable nearby rentals, you may want to explore the rental options that might be closer to Abbott HQ in Libertyville or Rondout to the north on the MD line or Highwood on the UP-N line. There might be some options to the south near the Morton Grove station or perhaps near the Edgebrook station in Chicago -- that is also provides bus access to the traditional neighborhoods around Devon that have served immigrants from India. You should rely on advice from co-workers before committing to a long term lease, perhaps you can join a carpool to make commuting easier...

Old 04-19-2016, 08:12 AM

155 posts, read 212,747 times
There is a lot of Indian stores around Niles and Des Plaines. Look on Chicago.craiglist.com, radpad.com, etc for apartments

Old 04-19-2016, 09:25 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd555 View Post
There is a lot of Indian stores around Niles and Des Plaines. Look on Chicago.craiglist.com, radpad.com, etc for apartments
No need to move that far south when employment is in Deerfield. Wheeling / Buffalo Grove / Palatine / Arlington Heights and other nearby towns like Glenview should have everything covered. But then again those towns aren't too far either.

Old 04-19-2016, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 6,384 times
Hi,

Thanks for suggestions. My main concern is with Transportation. Until I get DL and have car, need to depend on public transportation. Please suggest me taking that into considerations. Also suggest if you know good apartments names in that area. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs