Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2017, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,615 times

Advertisements

Wondering what before and after school programs are available in Hinsdale and other West Burbs that do not offer full day kindergarten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,695 times
Did you ever find any info on this? I'm searching for the same thing right now...

Old 06-05-2017, 08:12 AM

748 posts, read 833,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahwolt View Post
Wondering what before and after school programs are available in Hinsdale and other West Burbs that do not offer full day kindergarten.
Lots of schools do "Champions" - I know that Pierce Downer does this, even though they do full day K (there are still the gaps of time after school/ before classes start).

Old 06-05-2017, 08:38 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,370,617 times
Default I know I've posted about this before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneKris View Post
Did you ever find any info on this? I'm searching for the same thing right now...
Lots of families in D181 which serves Hinsdale, as well as parts of Oak Brook, Clarendon Hills and Burr Ridge. rely on The Community House for after schools programs -- the current program guide is more focused on Summer programs but similar programming is available all year round -- http://www.thecommunityhouse.org/wp-...al-copypdf.pdf

Additionally there are wide range of before care / after care type programs run out of the facilities of several of the churches in the area. There degree to which there is minimal / no religious education aspect of the components varies but generally speaking the programs are completely non-denominational. There is also cooperation among the programs so that those programs that have invested in buses and such generally serve the whole range of schools in the district, thus Community Pres has one of the more extensive offerings -- Child Care Center « CHCPC

Other programs focus more on pre-school and kindergarten

Enrichment Afternoons – Zion Lutheran Early Childhood Education Center

Classes & Age Levels | UCECP

There are no shortage of more "franchise" type offerings too, though frankly those tend to be more utilized by folks working in Westmont / Willowbrook and the surrounding areas...

Last edited by chet everett; 06-05-2017 at 09:55 AM..

Old 06-05-2017, 09:13 AM

2 posts, read 2,695 times
Default Thank you!

Thanks for the info. With half day kindergarten, I figured there had to be something, but it's amazing how hard it is to find (or my googling skills are lacking...)

Good to know there are options!

Old 06-05-2017, 02:17 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,252,181 times
Default Also contact the PTO at the respective school(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneKris View Post
Thanks for the info. With half day kindergarten, I figured there had to be something, but it's amazing how hard it is to find (or my googling skills are lacking...)

Good to know there are options!
Contacting the respective PTO at the various schools in question is another good strategy IME. Often things get missed on the official school web site, or URLs become buried/non-searchable/etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs