Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 11:20 AM

242 posts, read 758,447 times

Advertisements

it seems like a lot of people live in joliet, but i was curious if like the main thing there is the prison (stateville) and if houses are near it. is the prison the main like 'thing' in joliet. like is that what its known for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:23 PM

72 posts, read 262,833 times
certainly not! ahhaha I live in the far west side of Joliet along Ridge and Theodore. That is not anywhere close to the jail, (20min) I believe houses are big, less expensive that other areas and rt 59 has everything city folk would need, from Target to Home depot, restr., mall, gyms, salons...you name it! I live in the minooka school district and a safe area. Joliet sometimes gets a bad rep but that is because they dont realize the size of it compared to other places (ex. Minooka) I am from the southside of chicago and it is like saying all of chicago is "bad" b/c maybe the pilsen area or the cabrini area has higher crime (just examples) Joliet has a ton to offer and is right by major xpress ways. PM me if you are interested in any more info...

giazma

Old 03-06-2008, 01:35 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3512 View Post
it seems like a lot of people live in joliet, but i was curious if like the main thing there is the prison (stateville) and if houses are near it. is the prison the main like 'thing' in joliet. like is that what its known for?
Actually, Stateville is in Crest Hill, not Joliet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs