Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:18 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

^^ Here is an example of what I mean....

LZHS does not offer AP Physics 3, whereas the other high schools I listed above offers this. The highest physics at LZHS is AP Physics 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 09:32 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner4life1984 View Post
How does everyone feel about Palatine? Is it a good place to live? We have a small daughter who will be 2 when we move later this year so she will still be in daycare for a few more years.

So far our list is palatine, lake zurich, deer park...#1 factor is affordability. We would like to pay as little as possible for renting a 2BR while it not being located in a total crappy location. Suggestions please.
Be very very careful. When you say you want to pay as little as possible to rent a 2 bedroom, be aware that there are some very crappy areas in Palatine - mostly in the Rand and Dundee area. The rent is low but those complexes can be down right dangerous and no place to raise a kid. Other parts of Palatine are fine, and even high end - especially the south end that feeds into Fremd HS. Lake Zurich has its sketchy areas as well, though the rest of LZ is fine. Deer Park has no bad areas that I am aware of, but I don't recall there being any apartments there.

I would caution to not focus on the lowest possible rent because doing so could put you in a world of hurt. Be sure to personally visit apartments you are considering. All three villages you are looking at can be great places to live, but like most places, there are bad areas where clusters of low end apartments are located that should be avoided.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:21 PM

190 posts, read 405,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
^^ Here is an example of what I mean....

LZHS does not offer AP Physics 3, whereas the other high schools I listed above offers this. The highest physics at LZHS is AP Physics 1.

My kids are still in elementary so I am not too concerned with this at this point but I did take a peek at their offerings......is Physics C the same as Physics 3? They do offer Physics C, but maybe that is not the same as 3. Physics is not my background so I clearly am clueless regarding physics. Currently LZ offers 22 AP course and 36 honors.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:06 AM

25 posts, read 20,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjj View Post
Be very very careful. When you say you want to pay as little as possible to rent a 2 bedroom, be aware that there are some very crappy areas in Palatine - mostly in the Rand and Dundee area. The rent is low but those complexes can be down right dangerous and no place to raise a kid. Other parts of Palatine are fine, and even high end - especially the south end that feeds into Fremd HS. Lake Zurich has its sketchy areas as well, though the rest of LZ is fine. Deer Park has no bad areas that I am aware of, but I don't recall there being any apartments there.

I would caution to not focus on the lowest possible rent because doing so could put you in a world of hurt. Be sure to personally visit apartments you are considering. All three villages you are looking at can be great places to live, but like most places, there are bad areas where clusters of low end apartments are located that should be avoided.
Thanks everyone!

We have a relative who used to live in Palatine but currently lives in LZ. He's been in IL for 20 years so we are also going to run every apartment we see thru him with regards to palatine when we move out later this year.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:04 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner4life1984 View Post
Thanks everyone!

We have a relative who used to live in Palatine but currently lives in LZ. He's been in IL for 20 years so we are also going to run every apartment we see thru him with regards to palatine when we move out later this year.
Glad you have someone you trust who can check out apartments. That's huge.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoRE View Post
My kids are still in elementary so I am not too concerned with this at this point but I did take a peek at their offerings......is Physics C the same as Physics 3? They do offer Physics C, but maybe that is not the same as 3. Physics is not my background so I clearly am clueless regarding physics. Currently LZ offers 22 AP course and 36 honors.
Looking online at the LZHS 2017-2018 Program of Studies, that appears to be entry level physics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs