Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
When will people stop blaming one party or the other? When will people realize that BOTH sides are CORRUPT. Power breeds corruption. It's human nature and has been been with us since the origination of man (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins)
Sorry but this steaming pile belongs rightfully to the Dems. I might be a tad easier on them if they showed any interest in reforms and cuts but they show no interest in that nor care for the increasing burden they are putting on the people and economy of this state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 01:50 PM

3,496 posts, read 2,186,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Sorry but this steaming pile belongs rightfully to the Dems. I might be a tad easier on them if they showed any interest in reforms and cuts but they show no interest in that nor care for the increasing burden they are putting on the people and economy of this state.
Again, both sides share blame since I have yet to see an indication that either side is willing to compromise. For people to think we can make our way out of this mess with spending cuts alone or tax increases alone is just plain ignorant. It will require BOTH. That's the only way the math works. Enough with the finger pointing, I say throw them all out because they obviously aren't doing their jobs.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:09 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,170,295 times
Quote:
Again, both sides share blame since I have yet to see an indication that either side is willing to compromise. For people to think we can make our way out of this mess with spending cuts alone or tax increases alone is just plain ignorant. It will require BOTH. That's the only way the math works. Enough with the finger pointing, I say throw them all out because they obviously aren't doing their jobs.
It all starts with Madigan. Would C-D have any interest in crowd-surfing his relocation fund? I'm actually serious. I know he's already robbed us blind, but the sooner we can get him out of state, the better.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
It all starts with Madigan. Would C-D have any interest in crowd-surfing his relocation fund? I'm actually serious. I know he's already robbed us blind, but the sooner we can get him out of state, the better.
Sure but they all are looking out for their own interests, some more obvious than others. It's my opinion that very few politicians are truly acting in the best interest of their constituents regardless of party affiliation. Yet people are still hung up on Democrat vs Republican (at all levels of government) while those truly in power just laugh as they retain their power.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Again, both sides share blame since I have yet to see an indication that either side is willing to compromise.
Rauner has very clearly indicated that he would consider tax increases in exchange for property tax relief and some pro-business reforms. The Dems have said no property tax relief and no reforms just more taxes.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
I like Chet's analogy. Illinois is the Democratic Party and Unions' "Bust Out"

Last edited by MSchemist80; 05-26-2017 at 07:08 AM..

Old 05-26-2017, 06:50 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,479,741 times
Quote:
Rauner has very clearly indicated that he would consider tax increases in exchange for property tax relief and some pro-business reforms. The Dems have said no property tax relief and no reforms just more taxes.
That pretty much sums it up! Democrats don't want to cut or reform anything, they just want to keep raising taxes to feed their insatiable appetite for big government and unsustainable programs.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
Oh bless your heart flam.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:01 PM

Quote:
^link? I haven't seen this but maybe I missed it.

I'm all for property tax relief but I'm not even sure what a permanent property tax freeze means? How does that even work and where will public schools get their funding if the state continues to lessen its contributions towards local governments/schools? Also, you are spreading misinformation. According to this article, the "grand bargain" budget proposal included a two year property tax freeze, which Rauner rejected.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-grand-bargain

As stated in the article:

"Rauner had insisted on a permanent property tax freeze. Property taxes are the primary way public schools are funded.

Republicans had suggested recently they'd be willing to accept a temporary freeze. But Rauner and GOP senators rejected only a two-year freeze."

Old 05-26-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
^link? I haven't seen this but maybe I missed it.

I'm all for property tax relief but I'm not even sure what a permanent property tax freeze means? How does that even work and where will public schools get their funding if the state continues to lessen its contributions towards local governments/schools? Also, you are spreading misinformation. According to this article, the "grand bargain" budget proposal included a two year property tax freeze, which Rauner rejected.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-grand-bargain

As stated in the article:

"Rauner had insisted on a permanent property tax freeze. Property taxes are the primary way public schools are funded.
Well that has to change. People can not afford $10k 2.5-5% property tax bills. Businesses and people are fleeing. Heck I have a friend in Golf who is paying close to $20k and it isn't a mansion or anything. It keeps going up and up because the govt can charge whatever they want with little transparency and accountability. It isn't like income or sales tax where they have to put it to a highly publicized vote to increase it and then face voter backlash.

People are literally paying more per year to the schools even when they have no children in them than they would per year at some Universities.

Last edited by MSchemist80; 05-26-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs