Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2018, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,395 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm looking at a property between these 2 schools and wonder if anyone can give me the insights of how safe is it around these schools?
From the crime map I see here Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site, it looks like it's near the borderline of trouble areas.
Is it safe to walk around at night?

Thank you,

Last edited by Yac; 11-26-2018 at 01:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:29 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Are you serious? It's perfectly safe. It is one of the most suburban and family-friendly parts of Evanston. I see kids out and about over there and at Mt. Trashmore all the time. I know two people in their 20s who grew up in that area and had a great experience. Pretty much everywhere in Evanston is safe at any time of day.

I would avoid some of the 5th ward at night. There is occasional and sporadic violent crime around the Emerson/Dodge intersection—always at night. It's a heavily traveled area during the daytime. The situation is getting a lot better as the 5th ward is gentrifying, but I would not want to live too close to that intersection.

Police patrols throughout Evanston are very visible. Evanston has to have a greater patrol presence than almost any suburb. Unfortunately, Evanston PD has a reputation for being very aggressive, a reputation that I think is undeserved.

The worst criminal in the area that you are considering is the shady and unethical alderman Ann Rainey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: