Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 05:34 PM

19 posts, read 63,058 times

Advertisements

Any opinion about this subdivision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 10:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,625 times
This is a great neighborhood, I remember looking at townhouses in this area last year. We ended up getting a single family home in Vernon Hills instead. You would really like this area, everything is close and convienient. Also Vernon Hills is well landscaped and well kept which really makes a difference in your day to day enjoyment of the area.

I seem to recall another thread where you were looking at both Cary and Vernon Hills? Where would you be commuting to?

Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 PM

19 posts, read 63,058 times
Default Re

I go to Lake Forest for work and my wife goes to Schaumburg...Cary is kinda ok for her as per as commute goes but looks like for me, Vhills is a better option. Taking IL-22 from lake forest to Cary could be a problem as it turns into single lane.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:53 PM

2 posts, read 5,625 times
I'm afraid your commute may be unbearable going from Cary to Lake Forest. Not only is it a far distance that you are heading, but the traffic for most of the way will be deadlocked. There are no highways and most of the routes are just one lane on each side. I would guess that it would take you more than hour and a half each way. I have been pretty involved in talking to IDOT and Lake County and there is currently nothing being planned to alleviate this, and it is likely to get worse before it gets better.

Even your wife's commute would be way quicker from Vernon Hills. I've driven to Schaumburg from Vernon Hills several times during rush hour for a training course, and I've found it to take about 30-45 minutes, the 45 minute times being when construction was bad. There are a lot of people that commute from Cary, Algonquin, Barrington area to job hubs such as Schaumburg and Elk Grove Village and I have heard that the traffic is very bad.

Bearing this in mind, I would strongly encourage you to choose Vernon Hills. I know the houses cost more, but I think you'll find it is worth it.

If these townhouses in Bay Tree Circle are in 300K range (I don't remember if they were), I would also suggest looking at single family homes in Vernon Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs