U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 05:30 PM

16,877 posts, read 19,605,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoisthebest View Post
Yes, Evanston schools aren’t the best especially the high school and the west side of Evanston is pretty run down.
You don't know what you are talking about as to Evanston schools. Schools in Evanston have an average ranking of 9/10, which is in the top 20% of Illinois public schools.s

For the elementary schools
Orrington where my kids went (a long time ago) is still rated very highly.
Kingsley and Walker are also highly rated.

As for the high school: https://www.niche.com/k12/evanston-t...l-evanston-il/

https://www.niche.com/k12/evanston-t...l-evanston-il/

Best Public High Schools in Illinois
22 of 700
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 10:01 AM

169 posts, read 37,709 times
Nana053, Not all schools in Evanston are average is just some aren’t the best.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Nana053, Not all schools in Evanston are average is just some aren’t the best.
I lived in Evanston for over 30 years and my kids went to the Evanston Schools. There are very few schools in Evanston that are average or below average. You are just wrong. Did you go to school in Evanston? I bet not.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:55 PM

Nana053, I went on illinois report card and king elementary and the minority groups in Eths preform at or below average.I know someone who has worked at eths for 7 years.

Old 01-16-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Nana053, I went on illinois report card and king elementary and the minority groups in Eths preform at or below average.I know someone who has worked at eths for 7 years.
Not all minorities are below average although some are. Evanston has a larger share of minorities than the other schools that are compared to it.

New Trier
https://newtriernews.org/news/2019/0...-white-school/

and btw

In Illinois, just 13 percent of black students, 17 percent of Latinos and 25 percent of Native Americans are enrolled in top schools, compared to 40 percent of white students and 45 percent of Asians.

and

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/1...nt-race-issues

An unwanted spotlight is on Naperville schools after a student was accused of making a racist Craigslist ad last month that featured a picture of a black student with the title "slave for sale." But some families and faculty members said the incident at Naperville Central High School is just a public example of behavior that's been common for years.

"It has been a long-standing issue. Our organization exists because of that issue," said Keri King, a founding member for S.U.C.C.E.S.S, a parent group advocating for students of color in Naperville School District 203. "The issues with equity and equality have been a recurring theme."

After the Craigslist ad became public, the west suburban school district acknowledged these are persistent issues and said it had been working to improve, and that includes regaining trust.

Other Illinois schools have the same problems, but much smaller black and hispanic enrollment than Evanston.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:42 PM

Nana053, I am not saying that minority enrollment is bad is just they do not preform as well as Asians and whites.They usually do not preform as well but this is a huge gap in eths. I think Diversity is good in schools. Evanston schools are not as bad as I thought thanks for informing me. thank you for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs