U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:41 AM

12,095 posts, read 3,548,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Avery Coonley is the famously top-notch secular school that I'm aware of in the western suburbs.

Don't be shocked about the private schools' leftist activism either
, however. I've noticed that an administrator at my alma mater has one of those left-wing signs perched behind her when she's on the Zoom calls from her campus office. I mentioned it to the headmaster, who is apparently called the 'head of school' now, and they acted like I was crazy for pointing out that these signs were political in nature. SignsofJustice.org is a left-wing organization. While I don't think teachers should be muzzled, I also don't think that children should be taught ideological politics so matter of factly. It certainly was not that way when I was in that school 10-15 years ago.
Yeah, I know. But even some parochial schools are jumping on the bandwagon. A friend enrolled her daughter in an all girls Catholic school (hint) and she said they were doing a racism assignment of some sort when she first enrolled her. She wanted her daughter in school instead of zoom because she has a disability of some kind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:21 AM

6,657 posts, read 3,098,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Resided on both coasts of Floriduh for over a decade, if you'd like a laundry list of reasons not to: PM me.
Same- quality of schools is not a reason you move to Florida, and the low wages make it harder to afford a private school.

Old Today, 08:28 AM

2,349 posts, read 1,379,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Yeah, I know. But even some parochial schools are jumping on the bandwagon. A friend enrolled her daughter in an all girls Catholic school (hint) and she said they were doing a racism assignment of some sort when she first enrolled her. She wanted her daughter in school instead of zoom because she has a disability of some kind.
It's not really a bandwagon. I know of a now closed all girls Catholic school that had a social justice element to its curriculum 20 years ago. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that a Catholic school that is serious about teaching about Jesus and how he treated those who were treated inequitably in society has a social justice element to its curriculum.

Last edited by fusillirob1983; Today at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: