Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2021, 09:24 AM

84 posts, read 98,375 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

We are currently in District 203 with 2 kids in elementary school. We are looking to move to a bigger house and in our budget, the type house we are looking for is falling in 204. does anyone have experience moving from 203 to 204 schools? The elementary schools that are in 204 are Kendall, Patterson, and V Blanche Graham. If anyone has advice or experience that would be very helpful, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 11:38 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Old 04-24-2021, 10:19 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodesi View Post
Thoughts anyone?
I think that there are only a couple of active posters here from Naperville, and I don't think they have school-aged children. This question might be better asked in a more localized forum or on social media.

Old 04-24-2021, 01:16 PM

82 posts, read 91,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodesi View Post
Hello all,

We are currently in District 203 with 2 kids in elementary school. We are looking to move to a bigger house and in our budget, the type house we are looking for is falling in 204. does anyone have experience moving from 203 to 204 schools? The elementary schools that are in 204 are Kendall, Patterson, and V Blanche Graham. If anyone has advice or experience that would be very helpful, thank you!
We know 203 well and have friends in 204. I honestly don’t think there is much difference between the two districts other than 204 starts their gifted program in second grade where as 203 waits until 4th grade for PI & PI+. (Honors math in 2-3 starts mid year of 3rd grade) - and that was all precovid.

Old 04-25-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccpfinn View Post
We know 203 well and have friends in 204. I honestly don’t think there is much difference between the two districts other than 204 starts their gifted program in second grade where as 203 waits until 4th grade for PI & PI+. (Honors math in 2-3 starts mid year of 3rd grade) - and that was all precovid.
Appreciate the advice!!

Old 04-26-2021, 07:27 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
I'm in 203 and my kids aren't in preschool yet, so unfortunately can't help with specifics beyond things I hear from others in town. I am not familiar with those 3 elementary schools specifically, but given their location, my understanding is those are all likely solid choices, and with discussions of 204 redistricting over the next few years, I would suspect those would remain pretty stable regarding the middle school and high school they feed into.

Good luck with the search!

Old 04-26-2021, 08:32 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
The districts are similar. Each school reflects the neighborhood that serves it. So if you move into a neighborhood where you feel you fit in, then the school should work well for you.

This is splitting hairs.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:39 AM

12 posts, read 31,945 times
204 was a great experience for our kids. Just put 2 through the Kendall, Crone, Neuqua track.

Great schools, excellent facilities, caring teachers and staff. Amazing academics, great college throughput. Very broad athletic offerings, but definitely not "athletic factories". Neuqua is a big school, but they do a very good job of making it feel small. We never had access issues with teachers or staff. No shortage of clubs and programs to get involved in.

Very efficient equation of "you get out of it what you put into it". It is what you and your kids make of it.

Very rare instance where you feel like you get pay for when you look at your tax bill.

Old 05-27-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Tikki Tavi View Post
204 was a great experience for our kids. Just put 2 through the Kendall, Crone, Neuqua track.

Great schools, excellent facilities, caring teachers and staff. Amazing academics, great college throughput. Very broad athletic offerings, but definitely not "athletic factories". Neuqua is a big school, but they do a very good job of making it feel small. We never had access issues with teachers or staff. No shortage of clubs and programs to get involved in.

Very efficient equation of "you get out of it what you put into it". It is what you and your kids make of it.

Very rare instance where you feel like you get pay for when you look at your tax bill.
Appreciate the advice!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs