Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 03:28 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,252,251 times

Advertisements

Chicago South Sider, you are correct, Sir.

This is all feeling too "forced", and feeling like a division is occuring.

What happened to "Keeping laws off my body"?... Seems like some "bodies" won't have the option to stay fit in their gyms.

Luckily for me, I train at home and in Tae Kwon Do class... But that's ME.

Stay well everyone. '22 is upon us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 04:06 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
Studies appear to show that vaccinated people do not spread the virus as easily as the unvaccinated.

The vaccine is not fool proof and they never said it would be. There are still break through infections. The vaccines work and lessen your likelihood of getting the virus, getting really sick and being hospitalized, and dying.

Why risk your life and be around unvaccinated people, especially if you are high risk.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...finds-n1280583
Glad to see you are for discrimination. Ironic coming from the side that supposedly is strongly against discrimination based on skin color, gender, sexual orientation preference etc... but it's O.K. to discriminate now based on people's personal medical decisions on what goes into their own bodies? It's funny how those tables have turned.

Also nice article. But sorry to tell you it is from 3 months ago, and "the science" has since deemed this article irrelevant. THE VAX DOES NOT EFFECT TRANSMISSION AT ALL. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT. The CDC themselves have admitted this. Makes sense too, because *everyone* I know who has gotten the virus recently, has been vaccinated.

And assuming the vaccine *did* stop or even reduce the spread of transmission.... then why are you scared of unvaxxinated people?

Old 12-30-2021, 04:13 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
It looks like I may have to travel all the way to DuPage County just to go to the gym. There's no way I'm getting that silly vaccine. That's for the old, sick, fat, oblivious, unhealthy or unlucky people out there.
Exactly. If you look at WHO is dying from the virus, its virtually ALL out of shape, immunocompromised, or elderly people. Which, ANY sickness has been dangerous to these types of people for generations and generations. If you're younger than 75, healthy, have a strong immune system, and take vitamins, Covid is no different than a cold or at worst (that is, if you even have any symptoms at all).

Old 12-30-2021, 08:25 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonhE View Post
It's a joke. Pritzker is a joke. Lightfoot is a joke. Both corrupt to the core. Not too long ago Pritzker went on TV and said get the vax so you can get your freedoms back. God given freedoms. Boycott any and all places with these ridiculous mandates. On top of all this, the "vaccine" doesn't work. You are not immune. They say that you won't get as sick as a non vaxxed person, but given all the lies, should we believe that too?
The people that voted for them are the real joke

Old 12-30-2021, 08:27 PM

Two suburbs in Cook county already said they are not doing that stupid vaccine mandate. But I seriously doubt most places will. Just like the mask mandate most will ignore it as well they should

Old 12-30-2021, 11:25 PM

249 posts, read 182,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Two suburbs in Cook county already said they are not doing that stupid vaccine mandate. But I seriously doubt most places will. Just like the mask mandate most will ignore it as well they should
Lots of cities are enacting vaccine requirements for indoor dining starting January. Philadelphia, Newark, DC, etc.. Get used to it. fReEdOM

Old 12-31-2021, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Lots of cities are enacting vaccine requirements for indoor dining starting January. Philadelphia, Newark, DC, etc.. Get used to it. fReEdOM
Does not mean anyone will follow it just like the mask mandates. I never wear one nor do most I know. Mandates mean nothing when not enforced

Old 12-31-2021, 08:28 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Only the people in Democrat cesspools like Chicago have to "get used to it".

Old 12-31-2021, 09:10 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
Studies appear to show that vaccinated people do not spread the virus as easily as the unvaccinated.

The vaccine is not fool proof and they never said it would be. There are still break through infections. The vaccines work and lessen your likelihood of getting the virus, getting really sick and being hospitalized, and dying.

Why risk your life and be around unvaccinated people, especially if you are high risk.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...finds-n1280583
Thats the way it should always have been - each person ought to make up in their own minds how they want to handle going here and there. People would have done it using their common sense and what is right for their own situation. so if you only want to go where unvaccinated are, that is right.

Old 01-01-2022, 06:58 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,007,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Thats the way it should always have been - each person ought to make up in their own minds how they want to handle going here and there. People would have done it using their common sense and what is right for their own situation. so if you only want to go where unvaccinated are, that is right.
It's what I've been saying since the beginning of these vaccines and mandates. They're not for health and public safety, although the media touts this, they're for government compliance primarily. They're a form of control and those complying are paving the way for more restrictions. When the recovery rate is over 99% for anyone except for the elderly, immune compromised and highly obese, it's ridiculous to force vaccine mandates unless something else is at stake. People are slowly waking up to this as they're freedoms are slowly vanishing and not returning as promised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs