Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 01:31 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times

Advertisements

Do mask mandates work? There is evidence that mask mandates can help curb transmission.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...21/02/10/masks

Mask mandates associated with fewer Covid-19 hospitalizations
For the second report, CDC set out to determine whether statewide mask mandates were associated with fewer hospitalizations from Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. To do so, CDC researchers analyzed data from 10 sites that participated in the Covid-19 Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network and were located in states that implemented statewide mask mandates during the period spanning from March 1, 2020, to Oct. 17, 2020.

The researchers found that after officials implemented statewide mask mandates, the 10 sites reported declines of up to 5.5 percentage points in their growth rates of weekly hospitalizations linked to Covid-19 among adults ages 18 to 64. The study compared these rates with the reported weekly growth in hospitalizations linked to Covid-19 among adults ages 18 to 64 during the four weeks leading up to the mask mandates' implementation, the researchers wrote.

Specifically, the researchers found that during the first two weeks after states implemented the mask mandates, there was a 2.1 percentage-point decline in reported weekly Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates among adults ages 18 to 39, as well as a 2.9 percentage-point drop among adults ages 40 to 64. At three weeks after implementation, reported weekly Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates dropped by 5.5 percentage points among people ages 18 to 39 and among those ages 40 to 64, the researchers wrote.

The researchers wrote that their findings have implications for America's response to the country's coronavirus epidemic. "Statewide mask mandates might be associated with reductions in [novel coronavirus] transmission and might contribute to reductions in Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates," they wrote, adding, "Mask-wearing is a component of a multipronged strategy to decrease exposure to and transmission of [the novel coronavirus] and reduce strain on the health care system, with likely direct effects on Covid-19 morbidity and associated mortality" (Mascarenhas/Langmaid, CNN, 2/5; Barrios et al., CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2/5; Joo et al., CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2/5; Wilson, The Hill, 2/5; Cirruzzo, U.S. News & World Report, 2/5).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 01:36 PM

249 posts, read 182,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Do mask mandates work? There is evidence that mask mandates can help curb transmission.

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...21/02/10/masks

Mask mandates associated with fewer Covid-19 hospitalizations
For the second report, CDC set out to determine whether statewide mask mandates were associated with fewer hospitalizations from Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. To do so, CDC researchers analyzed data from 10 sites that participated in the Covid-19 Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network and were located in states that implemented statewide mask mandates during the period spanning from March 1, 2020, to Oct. 17, 2020.

The researchers found that after officials implemented statewide mask mandates, the 10 sites reported declines of up to 5.5 percentage points in their growth rates of weekly hospitalizations linked to Covid-19 among adults ages 18 to 64. The study compared these rates with the reported weekly growth in hospitalizations linked to Covid-19 among adults ages 18 to 64 during the four weeks leading up to the mask mandates' implementation, the researchers wrote.

Specifically, the researchers found that during the first two weeks after states implemented the mask mandates, there was a 2.1 percentage-point decline in reported weekly Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates among adults ages 18 to 39, as well as a 2.9 percentage-point drop among adults ages 40 to 64. At three weeks after implementation, reported weekly Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates dropped by 5.5 percentage points among people ages 18 to 39 and among those ages 40 to 64, the researchers wrote.

The researchers wrote that their findings have implications for America's response to the country's coronavirus epidemic. "Statewide mask mandates might be associated with reductions in [novel coronavirus] transmission and might contribute to reductions in Covid-19 hospitalization growth rates," they wrote, adding, "Mask-wearing is a component of a multipronged strategy to decrease exposure to and transmission of [the novel coronavirus] and reduce strain on the health care system, with likely direct effects on Covid-19 morbidity and associated mortality" (Mascarenhas/Langmaid, CNN, 2/5; Barrios et al., CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2/5; Joo et al., CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 2/5; Wilson, The Hill, 2/5; Cirruzzo, U.S. News & World Report, 2/5).
Covid deniers and anti maskers don't care. You can show them a thousand studies, they've made up their minds. Even when King Trump recently told them that vaccines work they turned on him. If they won't believe him they're not going to believe you or me.

I've kinda lost patience with them and am tempted to say let nature take its course with them. Let's go Darwin.

Old 01-01-2022, 02:14 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cuccino View Post
Covid deniers and anti maskers don't care. You can show them a thousand studies, they've made up their minds. Even when King Trump recently told them that vaccines work they turned on him. If they won't believe him they're not going to believe you or me.

I've kinda lost patience with them and am tempted to say let nature take its course with them. Let's go Darwin.
A lot more of those in the red states are dying.

Old 01-01-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
A lot more of those in the red states are dying.
Not just red states, red counties. This is probably why Trump is pushing the vaccine now. Oh well thoughts and prayers.

Old 01-01-2022, 06:57 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Not just red states, red counties. This is probably why Trump is pushing the vaccine now. Oh well thoughts and prayers.
So nobody is dying in blue states wow interesting lol

Old 01-01-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
It's what I've been saying since the beginning of these vaccines and mandates. They're not for health and public safety, although the media touts this, they're for government compliance primarily. They're a form of control and those complying are paving the way for more restrictions. When the recovery rate is over 99% for anyone except for the elderly, immune compromised and highly obese, it's ridiculous to force vaccine mandates unless something else is at stake. People are slowly waking up to this as they're freedoms are slowly vanishing and not returning as promised.
Bingo! That was Perfectly well said and 100 percent accurate

Old 01-01-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
So nobody is dying in blue states wow interesting lol
There's anti vaxers in blue states too. Red counties and states just happen to have more anti vaxers than blue ones.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
There's anti vaxers in blue states too. Red counties and states just happen to have more anti vaxers than blue ones.
No wonder people are fleeing blue states to red ones. Who can blame them!

Old 01-02-2022, 09:01 AM

4,648 posts, read 3,260,261 times
Happy New Year, everyone.

Yesterday I read that Highland Park would be following the vaccine card order. And I was like: THAT'S Lake County!!!

Well, the places I go are typically Highwood and Libertyville. God willing they don't follow suit.

And my dear Skokie!!!! How I loved thee. But apparently they're starting on the 10th.

So I have a bit more time... But HOW am I going to date beautiful Chicago angelic ladies???? I won't be able to get in anywhere.

Will I seem like a jag if I ask them to kindly meet me on Lake Cook Road???

Old 01-02-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Happy New Year, everyone.

Yesterday I read that Highland Park would be following the vaccine card order. And I was like: THAT'S Lake County!!!

Well, the places I go are typically Highwood and Libertyville. God willing they don't follow suit.

And my dear Skokie!!!! How I loved thee. But apparently they're starting on the 10th.

So I have a bit more time... But HOW am I going to date beautiful Chicago angelic ladies???? I won't be able to get in anywhere.

Will I seem like a jag if I ask them to kindly meet me on Lake Cook Road???
Do what you have to do. But really just because politicians claim they are having the mandate it really means nothing if it is not enforced. I mean we have had the mask mandates for how long now! And I have been asked a total of 3 times only this whole entire time to put one on when I am in bars and shops and restaurants as people are not going to enforce this.

What are these dem politicians going to do? Stand in every single place 24/7 to force people to comply lolol

And heck even many vaxxed people are protesting places that do mandate this as they believe people should have a choice. America is about freedom. How sad that a certain party loves to fight this.

Good luck with ladies. And not too worry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs