Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:35 PM

5 posts, read 9,700 times

Advertisements

Refade: I have a wonderful doctors office all women doctors called NYE Health Partners. My doctor is Adrienne Ray at Rush on Harrison, they also have an office on Michigan downtown. She is about 40 or 45, she's understanding and a very caring doctor. By now your daughter may have found a doctor. But their telephone number is 312-670-2530.

Finally, don't worry. Just keep your daughter in school and then on to community college. Don't give her a free ride and no sympathy. Don't catagorize it as a mistake. Because you're going to love your grandchild so much. It was just a mistaken judgement by both of the young people involved.

My daughter's are grown women now. But to the blessing of my dad (he's now deceased) he made me know that if they (your daughter) want to be grown then let them feel the burden of being grown. Don't babysit while they go out and have fun. Only every now and then and I mean every blue moon.

She was 18 at the time of her pregnancy. I had my daughter move out (she moved next door to my dad - her grandfather) and we helped her the first six months pay rent and bought other things. She now is 34, very independent and a wonderful mom to my 16 year old grandson Jay. I love him so much. He is the joy of my life.

So pray & don't worry and allow your daughter to finish school. She's going to need it and don't pamper her at all. Make her do the laundry, feed the baby etc. Don't think because she's 15 or 16 she can't take care of the baby. She'll do fine. And don't be ashamed of her. We are not perfect human beings by no means. I was unmarried when it happened to me. I cried, I got mad and I was 38 yrs old myself. A young grandmother, but one thing I didn't do was to cuddle her. I made my daughter be responsible. There's a difference.

P.S. I need to write a book.

See me at www.loveconnectionbook.com

Good luck with everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 09:07 AM

125 posts, read 380,938 times
Thanks Calidreemer - I didn't think about Manpower - that might work.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:19 AM

theiru2009, thanks for the advice - I know this thread is long - but you should read through the whole thing. Brody was born on Dec 30, 2008. As you read through the thread, I'm sure you'll find that my experience has some similarities to yours. Courtney and her boyfriend are doing well, and she still has asperations to be a hair dresser - which I have all the faith in the world that she'll accomplish. As I read through it, it's somewhat surreal - It has been such a roller coaster ride, but now I look forward to every new day and every new curve and bump and I I'm going to do my best enjoy the ride. Thanks
Refade

Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,107 times
You're a good person Refrade

Old 03-25-2009, 09:54 PM

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I last wrote. Brody will be 3 months old soon. He's smiling now and certainly knows who we are. I didn't know how much I loved the cuddle of a baby, his smell and even his drool. He's just so cute! Brian is doing a great job watching him during the day while Courtney goes to school. There's been a few misunderstandings and responsibility issues but they're both getting I think. I hardly ever hear Brody cry at night, so even though they may not get sleep I'm not losing any.
My mom is doing well too. It's been three months without a hospital visit ( knock on wood). And with the weather getting better I'll be getting her out more, we even went to play BIngo yesterday, she liked visiting with the people more than the game itself. Hope to hear from a few of you. Take Care.
Refade

Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,615,463 times
I am so glad to hear everything is going well. Best of luck to you and yours in the future!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:23 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Wow! I can't believe he is 3 months old. All the best to you and your family!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM

HI everybody! Time sure flies! It was this weekend last year that we had just found out Courtney was pregnant. Now her baby is 5 months old. It's almost impossible to believe! All is still good and yes the young parents are still together - it has not been without trials but something is keeping them going. Brody still doesn't sleep through the night and I think that's begcuase he sleeps in her room and she gets up with every little wimper. He is over 16 lbs and 25 inches long. He smiles and giggles and I get him every morning when Brian takes the girls to school. There's nothing like a little baby's head under your chin in the morning!
He knows his grammamma and pappa, and he's just a joy! I wouldn't have it any other way! I hope all is well with all of you. If any one wishes to see pictures - pm me and I'll get you a link. Thanks.
Refade

Old 07-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Don't have to be forty and flabby

HI There:
JUst a little note to let you know how we're doing. Courtney spent the last four days in the hospital and had her gall bladder out yesterday. So for anyone who thinks you have to be forty and flabby for this - Courtney proves you wrong. Sure, the fact that she had a baby has a lot to do with it - but prior to her pregnancy she was having abdominal issues and since she was always complaining she began to seem ( as she puts it ) like she was "crying wolf" Even though 5 members of my family had gall bladder disease, and my sister and I were both about 23 years old at the time, I never thought it to be gall bladder. Anyway she's home and resting, and sore. She can't pick up Brody so we'll all have to step up a little to help. Brian has been hunting for a new job, and an appartment. He currently works at IHOP - but there's no insurance coverage there. He's studying Heating and Airconditioning, Refrigeration and all the other courses you can get a cert. for at Prairie State. If you know of anyone looking for an apprentice, send me a link okay. They are still together and they are taking wonderful care of the little guy. Hope all is well with all of you - post when you get the time.
Refade

Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by refade View Post
HI There:
JUst a little note to let you know how we're doing. Courtney spent the last four days in the hospital and had her gall bladder out yesterday. So for anyone who thinks you have to be forty and flabby for this - Courtney proves you wrong. Sure, the fact that she had a baby has a lot to do with it - but prior to her pregnancy she was having abdominal issues and since she was always complaining she began to seem ( as she puts it ) like she was "crying wolf" Even though 5 members of my family had gall bladder disease, and my sister and I were both about 23 years old at the time, I never thought it to be gall bladder. Anyway she's home and resting, and sore. She can't pick up Brody so we'll all have to step up a little to help. Brian has been hunting for a new job, and an appartment. He currently works at IHOP - but there's no insurance coverage there. He's studying Heating and Airconditioning, Refrigeration and all the other courses you can get a cert. for at Prairie State. If you know of anyone looking for an apprentice, send me a link okay. They are still together and they are taking wonderful care of the little guy. Hope all is well with all of you - post when you get the time.
Refade
Wishing Courtney a speedy recovery. It is so nice for you to share updates about the newest family member, thanks.
All my best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs