Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 02:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
As for other rides like Iron Wolf.... Well lets just call that one "The Nut Buster" and for the men that have riden the thing, I think they will know why.
The trick was to bend your knees a little bit and allow yourself about an inch or so between the seat and your nads, to prevent squashing them into oblivion. One ride, though, that always kicked your arse was the Shockwave, that coaster was BRUTAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:39 AM

725 posts, read 1,849,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye1974 View Post
Yeah, it's still there. I noticed last year that they added seatbelts to the coaster cars.
Lol, I remember the good old days with no seatbelts.

Do you guys remember Power Dive?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
The trick was to bend your knees a little bit and allow yourself about an inch or so between the seat and your nads, to prevent squashing them into oblivion. One ride, though, that always kicked your arse was the Shockwave, that coaster was BRUTAL.
I remember holding the head brace with my hands so my head would bump against my hands and not the brace. Once I hit my ear so hard on that darned ride that my earring smashed against my neck. (I still loved it!)

Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
I remember holding the head brace with my hands so my head would bump against my hands and not the brace. Once I hit my ear so hard on that darned ride that my earring smashed against my neck. (I still loved it!)
YEP! hahaha Thats EXACTLY what Im talking about. The worst part of the ride was coming out of the first set of loops, where it set you up for the next set... there was that abrupt slowdown part of the track that they shot you into at about 45 mph, and it had like a 30 degree angle to it. haha It was instant whiplash/headache right there, but fun as heck. I miss the Shockwave.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:28 PM

Quote:
YEP! hahaha Thats EXACTLY what Im talking about. The worst part of the ride was coming out of the first set of loops, where it set you up for the next set... there was that abrupt slowdown part of the track that they shot you into at about 45 mph, and it had like a 30 degree angle to it. haha It was instant whiplash/headache right there, but fun as heck. I miss the Shockwave.
Exactly. That last bowtie loop was a little shaky too.

I know its kind of a dumb ride, but I love the Hometown Fun Machine, it always makes me laugh. I get dizzy on most round and round rides, but for some reason its circular motion actually creates kind of a square and I don-t get dizzy.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
Exactly. That last bowtie loop was a little shaky too.

I know its kind of a dumb ride, but I love the Hometown Fun Machine, it always makes me laugh. I get dizzy on most round and round rides, but for some reason its circular motion actually creates kind of a square and I don-t get dizzy.
I forget which one that is. Could you refresh my memory?

I also enjoy the cheesy Orbit (I think thats what its called). That thing generates some incredible g force!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
You guys are making me tear up. I really want to go now.

The Hometown Fun Machine is the ride right next to the Whizzer. My favorite non-coaster ride was the Triple Play.

The (Orlean's) Orbit is still cool. I rode it last year and it still had me breathless and screaming.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye1974 View Post
The Hometown Fun Machine is the ride right next to the Whizzer. My favorite non-coaster ride was the Triple Play.
What is it though? Can you describe it?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 AM

863 posts, read 2,784,370 times
Quote:
What is it though? Can you describe it?
Oh! Sure. It's a green and yellow ride with three arms that connect to three sets of "cars". The "cars" are silver metal boxes that "scramble" around in a circle. That's a horrible explanation, but that's the best I can do.

Here's a photo I found:

http://www.coasterimage.com/pictures.../pics/ot08.jpg

Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 AM

Thanks! Ive been on that a few times. I believe they dismantled it last year though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs