Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM

305 posts, read 1,116,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
In the past two months Winnetka has seen a far steeper price decline that East Glenview.
This is misleading. The North Shore has seen a dramatic decrease in average sales price, but that is most likely due to the absence of very high-end sales rather than big declines on individual properties (except maybe the super high-end). Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to measure price changes on existing homes, so the papers tend to look at average sales data which can be greatly skewed by heavy amounts of new construction or an unusually high (or low) amount of activity in one sector such as the very high end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 03:13 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,418,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyJ View Post
This is misleading. The North Shore has seen a dramatic decrease in average sales price, but that is most likely due to the absence of very high-end sales rather than big declines on individual properties (except maybe the super high-end). Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to measure price changes on existing homes, so the papers tend to look at average sales data which can be greatly skewed by heavy amounts of new construction or an unusually high (or low) amount of activity in one sector such as the very high end.
Glenview as a whole has experienced sharper price declines than Winnetka and all of the other communities directly along the lakefront, but Eastern Glenview has remained very stable when compared to those same communities. East Glenview has the same level of construction as Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, etc.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:16 PM

1,083 posts, read 3,723,964 times
Quote:
Glenview as a whole has experienced sharper price declines than Winnetka and all of the other communities directly along the lakefront, but Eastern Glenview has remained very stable when compared to those same communities. East Glenview has the same level of construction as Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, etc.
Of course the trailer park is in "east Glenview". The part of Glenview in the New Trier district is mainly unincorporated Glenview, Icky houses by the forest preserves stinking of horse manure and several licenced boarding kennels./family homes. Its still zoned for farming. Servies are provided by cook county not the city of Glenview. Great if you like that sort of thing. Nasty of you don't.

You have never even defined what you mean by "East Glenview". What are the boundries?

Last edited by Anthera; 03-04-2009 at 08:27 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 04:00 AM

East Glenview is generally considered everything in Glenview east of Waukegan Road. The New Trier Township portion of Glenview, is actually incorporated, and is bounded by Harms Road on the west, Lake Avenue on the north, and Old Orchard Road on the south.

There is a farm on Wagner Road and Lake Avenue in the Glen Oak Acres subdivision, but it doesn't smell and it is owned and operated by the Village of Glenview. I don't know of any other farms or dog kennels. I love to walk and bike around Harms Woods and I have never experienced a smell. People are allowed to keep horses in Glenview if they meet a certain acreage requirements. I know Helen Brach had a large home with horses in East Glenview.

The trailer park in East Glenview is actually located west of Waukegan Road, my mistake. It is clean and is just full of retirees.

East Glenview is obviously not "icky" if people are willing to pay millions of dollars for homes there.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
East Glenview is generally considered everything in Glenview east of Waukegan Road. The New Trier Township portion of Glenview, is actually incorporated, and is bounded by Harms Road on the west, Lake Avenue on the north, and Old Orchard Road on the south.

There is a farm on Wagner Road and Lake Avenue in the Glen Oak Acres subdivision, but it doesn't smell and it is owned and operated by the Village of Glenview. I don't know of any other farms or dog kennels. I love to walk and bike around Harms Woods and I have never experienced a smell. People are allowed to keep horses in Glenview if they meet a certain acreage requirements. I know Helen Brach had a large home with horses in East Glenview.

The trailer park in East Glenview is actually located west of Waukegan Road, my mistake. It is clean and is just full of retirees.

East Glenview is obviously not "icky" if people are willing to pay millions of dollars for homes there.
I said that I thought the circles was a nice neighborhood, though I think "some" other parts of Glenview are not.

Here is the dog kennel we found too "rural" for our pets. Its on Wagner. You must not spend much time in Glenview. Some parts of it are nice. The circles are very nice. Some parts are boring, and some parts of it (the trailer homes and the rural areas) are in my opinion "nasty". You are welcome to your own opinions.

Tanglewood Kennel*-*Glenview,*Illinois

Old 03-06-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
I said that I thought the circles was a nice neighborhood, though I think "some" other parts of Glenview are not.

Here is the dog kennel we found too "rural" for our pets. Its on Wagner. You must not spend much time in Glenview. Some parts of it are nice. The circles are very nice. Some parts are boring, and some parts of it (the trailer homes and the rural areas) are in my opinion "nasty". You are welcome to your own opinions.

Tanglewood Kennel*-*Glenview,*Illinois
I actually work in Glenview. I have many friends in Glenview. My colleague lives in the Circles. That are around Tanglewood Kennel is not "nasty". I don't consider anywhere where people are paying multi-millions for homes "nasty".

Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 PM

Only a miniscule number of homes in Glenview sell for 2M+, and if the same homes were in Glencoe or Wilmette or Winnetka they would go for far more. None of those homes are near kennels or trailer homes.

I would not under any circumstances want to live near a trailer park or a kennel. No matter how nice the trailer people or well groomed the dogs. I wouldn't want to live near a tatoo parlor either.

Even Carriage Hill in Glenview (which is a wonderful kennel) has had ongoing battles with Valley Lo ever since they built townhouses near the kennel, Arf! Arf! I'd never move there either(even though its darling) because the noise would drive me crazy.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:29 AM

Speaking of Carriage Hill, my dog got Kennel Cough the last two times he was there, so we board him at Glencoe Animal Hospital in Northbrook.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Speaking of Carriage Hill, my dog got Kennel Cough the last two times he was there, so we board him at Glencoe Animal Hospital in Northbrook.
I know someone else whose dog caught it too (last year over spring break). But it could really happen at any kennel, and the owners are so wonderful to the dogs, that I still use them.

How do you like your new kennel?

Old 11-22-2013, 11:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,277 times
Could you please help with the information. I am looking for a rental 2b+/2b in Glenview. What is the good spots, what are not there??? For example: Carriage Hill Dr, Glenview, IL 60025. If to live in 60025, and Glenbrookis in 20026 - can we get to the Glenbrook? I would appreciate any response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs