Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM

70 posts, read 210,141 times

Advertisements

I've been looking for rental housing and I'm finding a considerable amount available in Aurora. I've mapped it and checked mileage to several other cities and O'Hare, but I'm concerned I'm not getting an accurate picture of how far away it is.

I'm hopeful someone on here will be able to give me a me a more accurate idea of time to say drive to O'Hare? To Oak Park? To Lincoln Park?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 09:18 AM

1,216 posts, read 5,775,653 times
I am certainly no expert on the area, but it's a BIG town/city
so i would think the time would depend on where you are living.
Obviously, the closer you are to the highways, the shorter the time will be.

from where i live, i can get to 88 & 59 in about 40 min with NO traffic.
then add 15 min more to Ohare, probably 30-40+ to Lincoln Park and possibly to Oak Park too. [i'm right off of 290, rte 53]

so, much of it also depends on traffic, which we all know can be a nightmare at certain times of the day.

though, coming from Aurora, you'd be taking 88 all the way east where it ties into 290 heading into the city.

I'm sure someone who is very familiar with that drive will chime in, but my rough guestimate would be 45-60 min no traffic. again, depending on your starting point.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 AM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChacoGirl View Post
I've been looking for rental housing and I'm finding a considerable amount available in Aurora. I've mapped it and checked mileage to several other cities and O'Hare, but I'm concerned I'm not getting an accurate picture of how far away it is.

I'm hopeful someone on here will be able to give me a me a more accurate idea of time to say drive to O'Hare? To Oak Park? To Lincoln Park?

Thanks!!!

TOTALLY traffic dependant. Could be up to 2 hours + to each of these if traffice is bad enough. Where are you working? You really need to figure that out before you find a place.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:47 PM

610 posts, read 2,729,359 times
If you plan to do a daily drive from Aurora to Lincoln Park you may want to reconsider. The drive would be very long if commuting during regular business hours. Aurora to O'hare would be better but you will find it can take up to about a hour depending on where in Aurora you live. Aurora to Oak Park is a straight shot on the expressway but again, it can take an hour or so depending on the time of day. You will find lots of apartments in Aurora because it is a very large city. If you think you'll be heading to the northwest area (O'Hare) you may want to check out Elk Grove Village, Schaumburg and the Addison area. These areas have lots of apartments and would be a bit closer to O'Hare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs