Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:44 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
what is wrong with mississippi??
Its one of the poorest in the union and less opportunity. The largest city is nothing to brag about. I seen you on the Mississippi forum and you said you looking for a quieter setting or w/e. So I guess Mississippi might fit you better after all. Its pros is its much cheaper than Chicagoland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opkl View Post
He did get a little bit better since New Years. On several threads he said that Olympia Fields and Matteson were pretty nice. He also told me that in a rating from 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, he gave Lynwood a 7. To me his paranoid days are coming to an end.

Yeah I seen his comment on Olympia Fields and he had some nice things to say.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:16 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
yes mississippi has a lot of problems but that chicago dollar will go a lot farther...for 189G's you can get a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 6 acre home with a private pond. 200G's gets you a brand new house that would probably be about $350,000 round these parts.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:19 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,920,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opkl View Post
I hope thats not true since he's moving to Mississippi which has the highest black population of ANY U.S. state. 37% black and growing. He would look real stupid if that was the case.

At1WithNature is well..... Lets just say he's not going to stop. Theres another poster named skye that he used to argue with about Lansing. Since she moved to Dyer,IN they rarely send post to each other. Guess your his toy now.
Well, I hope that I am no one's toy . I'm not going to play around with someone who has a low opinion of where I live. I have no issues with anyone here, I like this website. The anonymous anecdotal accounts give me a true sense of where people really stand

Quote:
Obviously, this guy is wrong on at least 1 front. I think country club hills' 5 murders in 10 days speaks for itself.

It's not that I don't like black people...LOL. I don't like people who don't respect themselves, their neighbor, or their property. I don't like people who don't value education. I don't like people who have low standards such as accepting crime and gangs as a part of the community. I don't like people that accept 70% of their children growing up without an active family thus creating broken families and more crimes and heart ache for all. It just so happens that a lot of the places that happen to be like this are black dominated communities.

OPkl, I don't even know who deechee is (until now) and have never conversed with them so how could they be a toy? I think you are selling her short, she has much more to offer than to be someone's "toy." At least I would imagine so.
I find that we both don't like the same things. I avoid people like that as if they were the plague. I do have a lot more to offer than "being someone's toy." But, if that's how people feel, I'll leave them alone to feel that way while I move on to more mature and intelligent species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
At1: I wasn't too serious about the black comment, just messing around a bit. Correct me if I'm wrong though but I believe you had a low opinion of CCH even before the recent spate of violence. Anyhow, the murders didn't seem to bother deechee. Deechee -- I'm curious why that kind of violence wouldn't bother a young single woman like yourself very much while a young dude like At1 would get pretty freaked out by it.
The violence doesn't bother me because I grew up in the city of Chicago, and I know that I cannot and will not run away everytime something happens in a city. I know that CCH has exactly what I like, and it's close to the city and to nature, and I see no reason to be scared or leave. Murders happen everywhere, including in those exclusive, lilly white communities. I can afford to live anywhere I want to. I just didn't like how far Orland, Tinley, Frankfort, Lockport, etc. are from Chicago.

All places have bad times. I know CCH is one of those places. I know that we will weather the storm as a town where everyone knows everyone on their block. With my lifetime experience living in Roseland, Beverly, and now CCH, I can use common sense to keep myself safe.

I like my home, and the fact that in normal circumstances, there are NO shooting, NO disturbing the peace infractions in my community.

Last edited by deechee; 06-19-2009 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: spelling errors.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:23 PM

Smile Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
And there haven't been a murder since those flukey 5 murders that happen like earlier this year. And lets not forget that is the highest CCH received in its existence. Even Tinley Park received its 5 murders last year, but that doesn't mean the the town is bad or dangerous. Those are I like to call flukes. If a murder rage happen like that again and again, then I might have a different opinion about the burb. And Last time I check, most CCH people kept up their lawns. The only thing bad I can say about CCH is the grade schools or high school. And even that is a walk in the park compare to the inner city.
Where have you been all of my life?!?!?!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
yes mississippi has a lot of problems but that chicago dollar will go a lot farther...for 189G's you can get a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage, 6 acre home with a private pond. 200G's gets you a brand new house that would probably be about $350,000 round these parts.

Do you know where in Mississippi you going to move in? And is it in the Jackson metro? I heard Madison is very nice

Old 06-19-2009, 03:29 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,032,275 times
I want to save 60 G's for a down payment, i'm at least 2 years away...I'm thinking about Hattiesburg. In a few months, I'm gonna fly down to Jackson and then rent a car. I'll just drive the state and check it out. thanks for showing interest, mississippi gets a bad rap for some reason...

Old 06-20-2009, 03:00 AM

Wink Hrmph

Quote:
I want to save 60 G's for a down payment, i'm at least 2 years away...I'm thinking about Hattiesburg. In a few months, I'm gonna fly down to Jackson and then rent a car. I'll just drive the state and check it out. thanks for showing interest, mississippi gets a bad rap for some reason...
You know why, just like everyone else here does too.

I hope you find happiness there.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,751 times
I've lived in chicago heights for 3 years (2 in an apartment bordering on the ghetto, 1 year in my new house) and I like it here enough--because of the neighborhood I'm in. You definitely want to be north of Lincoln Highway and west of Dixie Highway. Everything else is trash.

My neighborhood uses the fantastic Flossmoor school system, so my kids won't have to deal with crappy Chicago Heights schools

Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickPoetry View Post
I've lived in chicago heights for 3 years (2 in an apartment bordering on the ghetto, 1 year in my new house) and I like it here enough--because of the neighborhood I'm in. You definitely want to be north of Lincoln Highway and west of Dixie Highway. Everything else is trash.

My neighborhood uses the fantastic Flossmoor school system, so my kids won't have to deal with crappy Chicago Heights schools
That's so true about location. You still may feel the stigma of living there. And your kids may get some flack about being Chicago Hts. kids....just a warning, not trying to be mean! Glad you live somewhere you and your family are comfortable

Last edited by deechee; 07-20-2009 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Adding warm thoughts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs