Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:01 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,269,028 times

Advertisements

ill put it like this...bolingbrook alot of times gets overlooked, why? I'll be honest and say because there are alot of minorities. It seems like most places where minorities live always get looked down upon. Hell even parts of woodridge get looked down on but there's nothing we can do on the large scale. Other than chicago and the south burbs most of my relatives live in bolingbrook and it really not bad at all.
-mas23-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 4,156 times
man bolingbrook is ghetto ass *** thats if yu in the hood tho if ur in the nice side of bolingbrook than ur all good u dont gotta worrie about ur car getting stolen or ur stuff being stolen we got all types nof gangbangers out here latin kings fours gds manics cobras counts yu got the drug game going on so it looks like bolingbrook is goings to be jus like cicero in a couple years but other than that bolingbrook is aight i just moved from chicago so is better than being over their their be lots of parties its a great place to live

Old 02-26-2010, 08:36 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,188,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbabbie View Post
man bolingbrook is ghetto ass *** thats if yu in the hood tho if ur in the nice side of bolingbrook than ur all good u dont gotta worrie about ur car getting stolen or ur stuff being stolen we got all types nof gangbangers out here latin kings fours gds manics cobras counts yu got the drug game going on so it looks like bolingbrook is goings to be jus like cicero in a couple years but other than that bolingbrook is aight i just moved from chicago so is better than being over their their be lots of parties its a great place to live
Fo shizzle

Old 02-28-2010, 11:15 AM

1 posts, read 4,091 times
Ive lived in Bolingbrook for 4 yrs, I love it here. I mostly see hardworking adults coming and going. Teenagers are just that, if BHS is a little rowdy its bc these teens want to be tough in a rather carefree suburban area. My kids attended Oakview elem & Brooks middle...no problems. Caring teachers that keep parents informed. Bolingbrook may have had some issues at one time but its a calm safe suburb to me. I travel to Chicago on weekends and am usually desperate to get back to the peace & quiet of Bolingbrook.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,027 times
if anyone can help me out, heres my situation, im a 1st time home buyer w/ 2 kids and probably will have another one, ive been looking online for houses and there seem to be really nice looking houses in bolingbrook for cheap, however my friend used to live there, nice big house (like what im looking for) and is selling it and want to get him and his family of 4 out asap. so im asking why wouldnt i want to move there i guess.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:29 PM

342 posts, read 1,227,097 times
there is no reason not to live in bolingbrook.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:28 AM

10,876 posts, read 13,754,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie526 View Post
if anyone can help me out, heres my situation, im a 1st time home buyer w/ 2 kids and probably will have another one, ive been looking online for houses and there seem to be really nice looking houses in bolingbrook for cheap, however my friend used to live there, nice big house (like what im looking for) and is selling it and want to get him and his family of 4 out asap. so im asking why wouldnt i want to move there i guess.
Try a search on this forum for bolingbrook as well as read through the earlier pages on this thread, there is quite a bit of info.

Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM

6 posts, read 27,901 times
Are the taxes in this town pretty high? Or are there areas where they are lower? I have a sister looking for a home, on a limited budget.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
ill put it like this...bolingbrook alot of times gets overlooked, why? I'll be honest and say because there are alot of minorities. It seems like most places where minorities live always get looked down upon. Hell even parts of woodridge get looked down on but there's nothing we can do on the large scale. Other than chicago and the south burbs most of my relatives live in bolingbrook and it really not bad at all.
-mas23-
Welcome to the Chicago area.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:37 AM

720 posts, read 2,996,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie526 View Post
There's not really anything wrong with Bolingbrook but its not Naperville and b/c its next to Naperville and several other more desirable burbs when it gets mentioned people always seem to say why dont you move to Naperville instead.

You can get a ton of house for your money in Bolingbrook, I'm always surprised by how cheap it is. I would say stay away from Rt 53 especially over near Lilly Cache.

The most ideal part of Bolingbrook would probaby be near boughton and webber or boughton and plainfield rd but theres some other nice areas as well.

Nothing particularly wrong with Bolingbrook but as for drawbacks they dont have a metra line, they dont have a downtown, schools arent as good as naperville. A few years back bolingbrook seemed to really be growing they were trying to make it nice, built that prominade, alot of new park district parks, nice lit street signs, landscaped medians. in the past few years though it seems like the growth and improvement have slowed or even stopped. Not saying bolingbrook is going downhill but I dont think anyone really knows whether that improvement bolingbrook was seeing will continue or not.

The only real downside I would see would be schools. Its not like in the city where you have to send your kid to private school b/c public schools are horrendous although I did know some people hwo lived near boughton and 53 and all sent their kids to joliet catholic. Your kid can get a good education at bolingbrook schools and they are safe but there is kind of a ghetto atmosphere to the schools more kids who think they are tough and ghetto than any real danger. also your going to have more fights and things than at some of the surroundnig burbs but definately a place where you can send your kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs