Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,572 times

Advertisements

I am in desperate need of an oral surgeon, and am not willing to trust just anyone.. I also have no insurance right now so money is an issue. Anyone have any experiences/recommendations they'd like to share? Oh, and I live out by waukegan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM

3 posts, read 45,984 times
I LOVE Dr. Michael Grousd, oral surgeon! He is the BEST! Vernon Hills. 947-367-4190. Our family has gone to him for a variety of issues and we have refered everyone to him - and everyone that has gone to him has loved him! He is fast, gentle, affordable, and amazing!

Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM

1,464 posts, read 5,508,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkindie View Post
I am in desperate need of an oral surgeon, and am not willing to trust just anyone.. I also have no insurance right now so money is an issue. Anyone have any experiences/recommendations they'd like to share? Oh, and I live out by waukegan.
I realize that this would be quite a drive, but this guy was a professor teaching students trying to become surgeons, has won awards, you name it this guy has it as far as credentials go. I've had work done by him personally as well as family members and friends and everyone says the same thing. They don't even feel the work he is performing. (mostly wisdom teeth impacted or not) I know I didn't feel a thing as he was doing the work and I was awake! Check out his website for more info. Oral Surgery | Dr. Robert C. Bosack | Orland Park, IL | Dental Implants

Old 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM

125 posts, read 380,899 times
Hi, It depends on what you really need. There's a good one in homewood for pulling teeth etc. That's Dr. George Morris, I had insurance but still owed and he let me carry a balance for over a year. The other one and one of the best I know is Dr. Robert Schwartz- he did my 16 year old daughter's jaw surgery in June, he has an office in Olympia Fields and Hinsdale and works out of Northwestern as well. Hope this helps.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 PM

694 posts, read 2,015,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkindie View Post
If you can get funds from friends/family, etc. I would recommend driving to Highland Park and using. You can't go wrong with a North Shore Dentist.

Highland Park Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
1770 1st St # 350
Highland Park, IL 60035

(847) 433-1516
On the other end, maybe you could qualify for reduced cost or free services if you contact the Lake County Health department.

Health Department and Community Health Center: Lake County, IL

Old 10-14-2008, 06:54 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,739,058 times
I highly highly recommend Dr. Peskin in Skokie. They did a great job on my severely impacted wisdom teeth and were very patient in dealing with my insurance company and helping to keep costs down (my insurance didn't cover most of the procedure).

Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,348 times
Thumbs down Peskin in Skokie, IL - ridicouous MOST rude dr

RIDICULOUS DR !!! AVOID !!

I went to get two of my wisdom tooth extracted. It was EXTREMELY painful, when he gave me shots. I kept yelling / crying, there was NO HELP !! No professionalism or human element !!

He left big thread, which was totally uncomfortable. This guy only works for 4 days a week and remaining days, he is not avalaible even for emergency calls and other dr he assigns (Julie) would have no knowledge of his patients.

After my surgery, I realized that he left a big thread in my teeth. That made my pain totally unbearable, as it was pulling my stitches. He was ofcourse unavailable, then we left with no choice to see my regular dentist who did what he could.

Then, he gave us appointment after 1 week to see us. He was so rude - "go back home" I can not help you if you have your regular dentist peek his nose in my work. VERY VERY RUDE and unprofessional.

Billing cheating is another issue with this dr. I have ofcourse notified my insurance company, so that they can be careful with this dr.

I am also loosing trust in my regular dentist, whom we have known for decades, for referring me to this idiot.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I do not know anything about this oral surgeon but have been through endless oral procedures. The shots do hurt most people. The alternative is sedation, which most insurers will not pay for. If you have the money, I highly reommend this should you need to have a tooth removed in the future.

If the shots hurt, imagine the outcomes of no pain relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs