Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 9,881 times

Advertisements

So I'm thinking about moving to the Lakes of Schaumburg. I know it's a bit pricier, but it looks really nice and I was really impressed by the apartment and the grounds. For those of you who live there or have lived there, what kind of experience have you had there? Do you enjoy living there? Would you recommend it? Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated...thanks!

~Andrea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 PM

73 posts, read 201,483 times
For the price it wasn't my fav. I toured most of the Schaumburg/Palatine apartments and ya it was just ok. The two swimming pools is nice though.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM

172 posts, read 485,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theindiecity View Post
So I'm thinking about moving to the Lakes of Schaumburg. I know it's a bit pricier, but it looks really nice and I was really impressed by the apartment and the grounds. For those of you who live there or have lived there, what kind of experience have you had there? Do you enjoy living there? Would you recommend it? Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated...thanks!

~Andrea
Village Green of Schaumburg is really nice, too and ran by an excellent management company. The apartments are kept up nice and are really more like townhouses (vaulted ceiling, decent patios or balconies, lots of parking, pool, good/responsive maintenance crew, excellent sound proofing). I would consider them as I thought they were a bit better than the lakes and I ended up choosing VG over the other options myself when I first moved to illinois.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 13,030 times
I lived there for about 6 months. I had the large 1BR with two balconies on a second floor right on one of the ponds. (only 4 units on the ends) Got a great deal because I moved during the winter.

The apartment was updated, not the greatest construction. Had lots of maintenance issues with the w/d, took 5 -6 visits before they finally replaced it. Other than that, maintenance and the office were great.

The layout of my apartment was awesome - open, spacious, beautiful views. Noise from the parking lot was negligible, however the geese on the pond were obnoxious, as was the noise from the Hidden Ponds condos. Definately not a deal breaker though. They say there are undercover cops driving around at night for security. Only saw them once, but honestly never had a problem.

I had neighbor issues, but to be honest it's not as common there. I just lucked out and ended up with idiots below me. You take that chance everytime you rent a new place. The first set were drugs, parties and beating the dog, then supposedly they got kicked out for not paying rent. The second was an older lady with serious issues and two little dogs that attacked everyone. She would scream and yell on the phone on the balcony and in the unit. I finally bought my own place and subletted, but to be honest I don't see that as a common issue there.

The construction of the building is crap. You can hear your neighbors in the bathroom, having discussions etc... You want to be on a higher floor, but at the same time becareful if you have a big dog or kids - the noise from downstairs is insane. I almost took the lower unit, but something just told me to get the second floor. Not to mention, the stackable w/d are super loud and rattle in a tiny closet.

If I didn't have a dog that was not allowed there (breed restrictions), I would totally move there in the future if needed for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: