Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:31 PM

990 posts, read 3,185,619 times

Advertisements

This is my first post in this thread, but who does this meeks guy think he is!! Some Chicago politicans just take things way too far, instead of doing stupid little plans like this maybe he could be passing legislaton for more funding, or he could be going to these schools and look around them to find out what needs to be corrected.

However, I must admit it is going to be pretty funny if he goes through with the Winetka thing.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:32 PM

409 posts, read 1,517,280 times
African-American families have a very hard time creating a stable home environment for their children. Even in affluent black areas you still will find schools with sub-par educational facilities. Education and saving money (big issue in the black community) are not taught. I heard a man say that wealthy blacks don't save money because they've never had it before, as if a non-black had. Children of wealthy African-Americans often feel isolated and different from their white and asian friends, just because of their race. They are expected to know about rap music, they are expected to know about the latest urban fashion trends, etc. It is not entirely the blacks fault.

More money in schools does not equal higher scores. EXAMPLE (New Trier vs. Evanston).

Old 09-02-2008, 03:33 PM

He has already gone through with it if you watch the news. My son was pretty amazed!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
That's not the whole story. That's the PC, unacademic and unintellectual explanation. Because if you look at Naperville or better yet Oak Park-RF HS, it does have "diversity", and yet the gap still exists there within that closed micro-system.

The gap persists, and as schools become more "diverse" the whole idea of social "racism" causing the gap begins to fade away, because we can compare the issue within schools, not across cities and towns and districts. In California, where there are hundreds of schools to study, the gap exists.

The children of black college professors do not do as well as the children of their non-black peers. This has been proven in studies.

Consider the topic, covered here in detail:
You rely on IQ as the ultimate measure of intelligence, but the IQ test is an artificially constructed exam that doesn't fully measure how a person will respond to real life challenges. The IQ test predicts success in school - the ability to answer pencil and paper questions that have been pre-formulated in a controlled environment. The IQ test doesn't measure the ability to survive in the savannahs of Africa, or the jungles of the Amazon, or the rainforests of Southeast Asia. The survival challenges people face in these environments are open-ended, ambiguous, much more difficult to solve, and yet people have been solving them successfully for eons.

But if you insist that high IQ is the sine qua non of high intelligence.....white people don't even have bragging rights in this department. Asians and Jews are the leaders in the high IQ bracket. So if we are to follow your advice, we should stop throwing education money at mediocre white people and invest the money in Asians and Jews where the investment would be justifiable.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Does Oak Park-River Forest spend the most per pupil? I know Evanston used to spend the most (20 yrs ago), but they have cut back on wasteful spending.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
1) Celebrating and promoting "Diversity" and unique human and cultural attributes is for non-Whites to do, always and anywhere and ad infinitum.
The diversity being celebrated is cultural diversity. That's because culture is something you have control over....that is, you can actually claim credit for it, or take the blame for its follies. But you can't celebrate your having white skin.....or curly hair.....or slanted eyes. These are physical traits that you had no control over. People can certainly be proud for having invented mathematics or gunpowder (both invented by non-Europeans, by the way). But does it make sense to be proud of one's skin and to assert one's superiority over others on that basis?

Quote:
2) Whites are not to do this. Ever. Whites are told to melt into the great melting pot. Any unique attributes of White people and their culture are mere "social constructs" and are said to be intrinsically "racist", evil and are not to be celebrated under any circumstances.
You're lying. You're putting up a strawman argument. I'm white, and I've never been told to shed my whiteness to melt into the "great melting pot". Besides, there's no friggin way I'd be able to do that even if I wanted to. You can't change your physical attributes because you can't change your genotype. The genotype you are born with is what you have till you die. As I said above, what is being celebrated here is cultural diversity. Culture can be changed. Culture is not a permanent attribute of human biology. It is a learned adaptation. The food you eat, the clothes you wear, the music you listen to, the religion you believe in.....all of these are eminently modifiable.

Quote:
They tell Whites: "we are all the same DNA". They tell Blacks to celebrate diversity. I know Jewish people who would never tell their children they are the same as all others. It's even written in their scripture they are different. Go tell them they are a "social construct" only. Nobody would dare, it's only an ideology aimed at Whites. That's my take on it, and as each year goes by, there is more and more DNA information to expose the race deniers (aka anti-White racists, yet simultaneously pro-"minority" ).
So what are the physical characteristics of the white race? How white should one's skin be to be considered a member of the "white race"? Are dark-skinned Italians to be excluded? Are Turks considered white? How about the Japanese? Their skin is as white as snow..... are they members of the white race too? You seem to be an aspiring taxonomist. Why don't you tell us how you classify people according to race? Is your classification based on phenotype or genotype? Do you even know the difference?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 PM

19 posts, read 18,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
You rely on IQ as the ultimate measure of intelligence, but the IQ test is an artificially constructed exam that doesn't fully measure how a person will respond to real life challenges. The IQ test predicts success in school - the ability to answer pencil and paper questions that have been pre-formulated in a controlled environment. The IQ test doesn't measure the ability to survive in the savannahs of Africa, or the jungles of the Amazon, or the rainforests of Southeast Asia. The survival challenges people face in these environments are open-ended, ambiguous, much more difficult to solve, and yet people have been solving them successfully for eons.

But if you insist that high IQ is the sine qua non of high intelligence.....white people don't even have bragging rights in this department. Asians and Jews are the leaders in the high IQ bracket. So if we are to follow your advice, we should stop throwing education money at mediocre white people and invest the money in Asians and Jews where the investment would be justifiable.
Ha ha, right. Try and convince a Jew or NE Asian that they are the same as blacks and Hispanics or that race is "a social construct". See how far you get. Yet, this is what is continually pushed on Whites, and many times by anti-White racists of Jewish descent, like Gould, Pinker, Jared Diamond, et al, who teach their own kids the very opposite of what they push on European Whites and Western society at large.

I am glad that you acknowledge the differences between Whites, Asians and Jews, and you'll obviously have to extend that to Blacks.

I am glad to debate and learn, and see this stuff out in the open. Otherwise we'll have only anti-White racist liberals making decisions about our children's lives.

Others interested in a viewpoint that counters anti-White bigotry and the anti-White racists could learn much here, plus the most current article on Rezko. Obama, and other southside race hustlers is brillantly amazing:

VDARE -- Steve Sailer Articles

Last edited by GMarshfield; 09-02-2008 at 04:48 PM..

Old 09-02-2008, 05:09 PM

162 posts, read 803,249 times
Someone tell Meeks you can't make dumb kids smart - all the money in the world can't help.

I went to a South Side high school - average ACT was 19 when I graduated in the late 80's/early 90's and all the money in the world couldn't help most of my friends clear 20 on the ACT. Wonderful people, great friends but most were not too bright. I scored much higher, along with some others but the school funding sure didn't help or hurt.

Most people live in poor areas and go to bad schools because they aren't very smart - everyone is not equal intellectually, even though that seems to be taboo for people to discuss.

Nobody can tell me that they can take any kid, put them in good schools and they'll be a success - won't happen unless they have some level of natural intelligence.

I love the boycott though - I wish I could have driven to Winnetka just to see all the North Shore folks pretending to be welcoming when they see bus loads of black kids pulling up.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Ha ha, right. Try and convince a Jew or NE Asian that they are the same as blacks and Hispanics or that race is "a social construct". See how far you get. Yet, this is what is continually pushed on Whites, and many times by anti-White racists of Jewish descent, like Gould, Pinker, Jared Diamond, et al, who teach their own kids the very opposite of what they push on European Whites and Western society at large.
You still haven't defined race. If you are so confident that race is a concrete taxonomic category that you can easily define, how come you haven't done so? Are you still brushing up on your high school biology textbook? Take your time, I know these things are hard to understand.

Quote:
I am glad that you acknowledge the differences between Whites, Asians and Jews, and you'll obviously have to extend that to Blacks.
Yeah, Asians and Jews are intellectually superior to whites. Let's stop pretending otherwise. White kids should cede their college slots to Asians and Jews. Why waste money on white trash when we can invest it on the 2 groups that have the proven brainpower to make this country great? The future of this country lies in the Asians and Jews.

(And if you don't happen to get it, that's supposed to be a half-serious parody of your position).

Quote:
I am glad to debate and learn, and see this stuff out in the open. Otherwise we'll have only anti-White racist liberals making decisions about our children's lives.
As if white racists haven't been making decisions about the lives of non-whites and their children for....umm....only the last 300 years.

Quote:
Others interested in a viewpoint that counters anti-White bigotry and the anti-White racists could learn much here, plus the most current article on Rezko. Obama, and other southside race hustlers is brillantly amazing:

VDARE -- Steve Sailer Articles
Funny the only "citation" you have ever presented in this thread is a white supremacist website that reinforces your prejudices. I thought you were interested in science? Where are the scholarly journal articles that support your position that 1.) there is a such a thing as race and 2.) that the white race has the highest IQ of all and therefore deserves to be the master of the earth?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:53 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
The traditional way to build wealth in this country is to own a house and gain equity from it. That has been the favored method of the middle class. Unfortunately, blacks have been unable to build the wealth they need to maintain stable home environments and raise their children according to how you prescribe. The cause is institutional racism.

For example, redlining in the form of mortgage discrimination is a fact. Redlining - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And when black professionals do find the chance to buy a home in a decent neighborhood, the whites flee the neighborhood, causing property values to plummet, denying blacks the chance to gain equity. You yourself said so in a previous post. You said that these black doctors and lawyers who gain a foothold in white neighborhoods are merely the initial wave that opens the floodgates for the rest of the barbarians to move in, so it's a good idea to flee before it happens.

The poverty of blacks (and hence the poor performance of their children in school) can be directly attributed to the historical discrimination that blacks suffered in the hands of the white establishment throughout much of this country's history. Black parents have little wealth to pass on to their kids. They have little to no housing equity, thanks to redlining. So how can you sit here and pontificate about the poor home environments of blacks causing poor quality schools?
I'm still curious as to why African-Americans did not, by and large, improve their own communities over time. That would have given them the missing equity you speak of, and perhaps a more level playing field in the educational arena. I don't think this question has been answered yet. I'm a liberal person and believe in equality. So I tend to think the idea that blacks need whites to maintain good communities is, well, racist to be honest. I'm open to arguments on this score but the idea that just because whites leave means property values must go down seems to be a very elitist position to take.

I don't buy the argument that when black professionals move in, whites move. I think someone on the board did say that but I don't think it's true. I think flight largely took place where lower income demographics have moved in. And there's no doubt crime and poverty went up in most of these areas. Most successful African-Americans do not live in poor African-American communities.

I'm not attacking you here. I'm just honestly curious. Haven't been able to resolve this one myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs