Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:42 PM

66 posts, read 261,075 times

Advertisements

Nice title...huh? We will be moving to live and work near Chicago but will not have to go downown for anything but pleasure. What is a good suburb to move where there are plenty of youth sports leagues and such? We'd like to move to a nice safe neighborhood/community with houses in the $400K range. Schools are our #1 priority. Something far enough away from downtown to be affordable but close enough for shopping conviences. Would love a nice tennis club organization as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 06:02 PM

3 posts, read 21,653 times
You will love Downers Grove. Great west suburban community located in the heart of the suburbs, yet a quick train ride to the city. Wonderful schools, shopping, lively downtown area and lots of community activities and events. You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 PM

84 posts, read 1,103,849 times
Default Well..........

Without knowing what area you work in, and what kind of schools you want, its a pretty tough question to answer, and Why do you have to live in the west burbs?

With 400k, you can buy two four bedroom homes, on huge lots, with lots of youth teams, and lots of parks and wooded areas.

I would recommend the Lombard area, recently I have acquired a lot of clients in this town, and all of these clients are the typical soccer moms.

Post again and give more info, I am a self employed Cable/Satellite technician, and travel Cook, Dupage, Will counties quite a bit, I observe a lot of trends, and how my clients families live and why they chose to live where they live.........

Old 02-16-2007, 08:49 PM

66 posts, read 261,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquettePark View Post
Without knowing what area you work in, and what kind of schools you want, its a pretty tough question to answer, and Why do you have to live in the west burbs?

I will be working out of my house so I can move to where I want in the western suburbs. I am in the computer industry and will have to travel a little locally like in the Wheaton area. My kids are in middle and elementary school.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:15 PM

84 posts, read 1,103,849 times
I would check out lombard, possibly even Glendale Heights, Glen Ellen, I work in these areas, and in my opinion are very Family friendly type hoods

Old 02-17-2007, 02:29 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
Or Wheaton itself for that matter.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:50 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,457,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
Nice title...huh? We will be moving to live and work near Chicago but will not have to go downown for anything but pleasure. What is a good suburb to move where there are plenty of youth sports leagues and such? We'd like to move to a nice safe neighborhood/community with houses in the $400K range. Schools are our #1 priority. Something far enough away from downtown to be affordable but close enough for shopping conviences. Would love a nice tennis club organization as well.
Lol. Never seen anyone want to fit into a stereotype but ok. I have just one word for you -- Naperville. Naperville is to Soccer Momhood as Porsche is to automobiles. There is no substitute. None.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:41 PM

6 posts, read 43,077 times
Try Oak Park. It has a great school and and parks system and enough of a night life of its own.

La Grange is also nice

Old 05-03-2007, 06:53 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
The list is very long for good "soccer mom" 'hoods and excellent schools.I hope you will come visit,check out the towns for yourself,there are lots to choose from(,including all the ones mentioned above),also Elmhurst,St Charles,Geneva,Park Ridge,Arlington Hts.wow,you almost cant go wrong with that request..I would stick to North and West

Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
Soccer mom towns? **draws breath** Bartlett, Wheaton, Wayne, Winfield, Warrenville, Geneva, St. Charles, Wasco, Batavia, Lisle, Naperville, Glen Ellyn, Schaumburg, Barrington (s), South Elgin, Hinsdale, Westmont....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs