Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,868,885 times

Advertisements

The OP clearly states they are not white. I guess they could be asian, middle easterner, hispanic, or black.

Maybe I am naive but I rarely hear about non-blacks complaining about racism. This used to be the case somewhat with Mexicans, but not so much anymore.

Just because someone is educated and not ghetto and has black skin, does not make them an oreo. It makes them an educated black person.

Many of the blacks I went to school with and work with would be called "oreo" by many. I just consider them sophisticated.

One guy who I met a Wash U, was a premed, the son of doctor from Des Moines, who was dark as coal. Now, Cory (his real name) tried to talk slang and listened to rap music in an attempt to act "black." I got to know him really well as we stayed at the same house while studying abroad one summer in Madrid. It was kinda sad, he should have just been happy being the yuppie premed son of a doctor who didn't need to pretend to be something he wasn't. This guy was from suburban Des Moines and was a yuppie. This did not make him any less black, just not ghetto.

83rd and Kedzie is not a nice area. The Ballys at the corner of 87th and Kedzie is one of the worst I have ever seen, despite having relatively new treadmills and cardio machines. Nearly half of the free weights were missing, which is a poor reflection of the people in the area who are attending that Ballys. Also, there is no good retail in that area and way too many Payless Shoes and Dollar Stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Cicero was never majority black. Cicero use to be predominately white. Cicero is over 80% Hispanic now.
Thanks for pointing that out before I could.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:33 PM

56 posts, read 143,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
How do you know the OP is black? And BTW, I know what the term oreo means, so don't try to make any excuses
You know, technically you're right.

But most anti-White racists are black. In this subject it would seem that the poster's racist statements are those typical of Black bigots. I suppose the poster could be Asian, but I doubt it.

It doesn't matter however, an anti-White bigot and racist is someone that needs to understand that in America "race" is a thing of the past. It's the 21st Century and we don't need anti-White racists, that's the past.

Humboldt1 is right, the most virulent racists that hate Whites are usually black. If I am wrong the original poster can state the facts and I will apologize. Otherwise, People will stand up against Black racists.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionelrich View Post
You know, technically you're right.

But most anti-White racists are black. In this subject it would seem that the poster's racist statements are those typical of Black bigots. I suppose the poster could be Asian, but I doubt it.

It doesn't matter however, an anti-White bigot and racist is someone that needs to understand that in America "race" is a thing of the past. It's the 21st Century and we don't need anti-White racists, that's the past.

Humboldt1 is right, the most virulent racists that hate Whites are usually black. If I am wrong the original poster can state the facts and I will apologize. Otherwise, People will stand up against Black racists.
I have to disagree with you. Race tensions have improve in the 21st century compare to the Civil Rights era, but racism/prejudice still exist. A good example of prejudice is when after the World Trade Center attack, hundreds of people in nearby Bridgeview, IL and other suburbs march and protest against the sizeable Arab/Muslim community in Bridgeview shouting insults. This presidential election is another example that there are still racism in America with the bigotry/racism showing in several Mccain/Palin rallies, alot of threats towards Arabs/Muslims, and the arrests of skinheads/nazis plotting to go kill around a hundred blacks in Tennesse and Obama.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-30-2008 at 03:31 PM..

Old 10-31-2008, 08:03 AM

Default my hope

I hope that Obama wins. This should go a long ways towards shutting up Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

The OP has yet to dispute they are black.

It is racist for whites to not vote for Obama because he is black but no one seems to calling blacks racist for voting for obama because he is black. Even longtime black republicans I know who would be better off with McCain are voting Obama. Virtually no blacks are voting against Obama. So, who is the racist?

Again, blast away liberals.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 AM

926 posts, read 2,747,035 times
you will be fine, it actually has alot of hispanics in the area but it is not racist by no means. Chicago Ridge mall is super diverse and there are tons of restaurants and shopping in the area where you will see just about everybody

Old 11-01-2008, 01:42 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I hope that Obama wins. This should go a long ways towards shutting up Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

The OP has yet to dispute they are black.

It is racist for whites to not vote for Obama because he is black but no one seems to calling blacks racist for voting for obama because he is black. Even longtime black republicans I know who would be better off with McCain are voting Obama. Virtually no blacks are voting against Obama. So, who is the racist?

Again, blast away liberals.
5-8% of blacks are voting Mccain(republican). Most blacks are democrats, so its natural for us to vote for a democrat candidate. On a little history tip, Most blacks were republicans at one time, until we switch over to Democrat.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 PM

Default chicagoland

92 to 95 percent of blacks is virtually all blacks voting Obama.

One of my undergrads is in history and I know all about black voting from Reconstruction in the post-Civil War South thru today.

Historically, in recent years blacks have gone democrat except for some in the business community who are financially better off under Republicans. Now, many of these black businessmen and other affluent blacks with large tax liabilities are voting Obama who in the past voted Republican. These are some of my customers so I have seen this first-hand.

I don't need a history lesson, btw.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 PM

7 posts, read 26,947 times
Hi All, thanks for your responses, I actually found a great place close to CRidge and love it! But geeze I ask one question about an area and all of a sudden i'm this horrible person, people can be very judgemental (and dare I say stereotypical) sometimes!! But just to clear things up, I'm not black, i'm not racist, i'm not a bigot, i'm not anti-white! (LOL, some of the things that came out of this question were pretty comical), i do know racism still exist although it's getting better and i did vote for OBAMA! whew...As i said b/4 i just didn't want to deal with a lot of racism and wanted a good MIX of cultures (which by the way would include white people), i saw a lot of people come on and ask the same question but they WANTED to live in a mostly white area, so why is it such a big problem when I ask a similar question? I wasn't being racist I heard some things about the area and decided it was not for me, maybe it was my wording?? I don't know...but I did not come on the forum to argue or to be attacked for my question, (and as a side note some people REALLY need to get a life) but to those of you that gave me good info thanks, i truly appreciate it. By the way, i prolly won't check this thread anymore to those of u that would like to argue with me, all i can say is get over it, happy holidays!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs