Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM

365 posts, read 1,253,061 times

Advertisements

Miasmommy: I forgot to add that my grandson (my daughter's son), who is 2, is also on an immunization program spaced out over time because of my daughter's medical history. (But she lives in Mass., so that's no help to you.) I'm not sure they can separate the MMR into 3 different injections, though, but I'm not a dr so you'll have to ask. (BTW, is your daughter allergic to egg whites? MMR is cultured in egg whites.)

Since you're breastfeeding, I'm guessing you've been to a La Leche League meeting. I would ask your local LLL members for a recommendation for a pediatrician as well.

Best of luck.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:58 PM

374 posts, read 1,036,461 times
Pedios in Oak Park will do it, I think. Dr. Haukness and Dr. Turk are great. I think you have to get a script for each component, pick it up at Children's Memorial and head directly to the dr's office for the visit. Also, lots of the city practices will do it. Try Dr. Monroe at Children's Healthcare Associates in Lakeview. Finally, join www.npnparents.org (Northside Parents Network). There are tons of posts on how to separate the MMR and delayed vaccines.

Edited to add: Chicken pox is no longer with the MMR shot. It is not manufactured like that anymore. I think it would be best for you to switch pediatric practices all told to someone who is used to hearing requests like yours.

Last edited by kindrakindra; 11-12-2008 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Added something

Old 11-12-2008, 03:17 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,572 times
I've already told you 3x why and I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.

Please leave me alone.

I will report you, since I have asked you nicely a couple times to stop responding.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:24 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,618,797 times
Sorry mia, you can't post a thread, ask for advice, and then get mad when you don't like the advice.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:36 PM

You people are rude and crazy!

I NEVER asked for advice!

I asked if anyone knew of a doctor who would do the vaccine seperately.

I already knew what my intentions were.

Again, people who are negative please leave me alone.

Only people who may know of a doctor who could help me or who have had children or know someone who has had reactions to vaccines are welcome.

Go find something better to do with your time please.

God bless, and goodluck with yourselves

Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM

8 posts, read 25,875 times
Just wanted to say that I hope MiasMommy found the post by KindraKindra as that was actually responsive to her original question.

I'm not going to get into a debate either, but there are several valid reasons for separating the MMR, particularly for children who have had problems with previous vaccines. If you read the literature on vaccines from the CDC and recommendations from the AAP, they indicate this also.

Since they are live-virus vaccines many pediatricians are willing to give the separate shots spaced out over time (thereby exposing the immune system to just one virus plus additives at a time), you just have to find one that is willing to go the extra step. A lot of them are jerks about it because they don't get reimbursed adequately from third-party payers for giving vaccines, and it's more paperwork and time to do it separately. Not many kids have a problem with the combination vaccine, so they regard it as a big hassle to stock the separate shots. As Kindra also posted, you may have to go pick up the single-vaccine vials at a hospital (after getting the script from a doc) because the practice may not stock the individual versions.

However, the vaccine manufacturers still produce the single-vaccine shots, so I have no idea why people think it's some kind of crazy request to get them separated.

Speaking as a parent who is pro-vaccine, with a health care background, I heartily second the recommendation to look for a pediatric practice that is more responsive to your concerns.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:14 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,523,345 times
Actually, the CDC does not recommend giving the MMR as separate injections:

Quote:
There is no scientific reason for or benefit to separating the antigens. There is no credible evidence that measles vaccine or MMR increases the risk of autism. Separating the doses puts children (and pregnant women who may be exposed to them) at increased risk for these diseases by extending the amount of time children remain unvaccinated. Studies have shown that if parents have to schedule additional appointments for vaccinations, there is an increased risk that their children may not receive all the vaccines they need. Further information about autism and vaccines is
available at FAQs - Vaccines and ASDs, Autism, DD, NCBDDD, CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/faq_vaccines.htm - broken link).
Vaccines: VDP-VAC/Combined/MMR/Clinical FAQs

Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 PM

mdfmnlf, are you educated? are you looking for a fight? are you bored? do you have children?

No one said the CDC recommended anything! You do not read thoroughly!

I'm saying this one more time and then I am ignoring/blocking you and "your kind."

Kids who have had reactions to vaccines and their additives are more prone to even more severe reactions when the vaccine contains live viruses. The MMR vaccine has 3 live viruses all at once.

You obviously pick and choose when it comes to information. I also am not against vaccines and look to find information from many sources. I have been to the library numerous times and have also studied the CDC webpage.

The CDC is still CURRENTLY doing studies on vaccines and side effects! You need to read up on those.

If they are so sure that they are completely safe, then why study further?

You know, people believed cigarettes were safe because they were legal and manufacturers never stated otherwise.

What I want to do with my child is none of your business.

Maybe you should find a part time job or something. Boyfriend maybe?

Please, I am only trying to protect my child.

And anyone who wants to respond further, please read the original post. I did state I am NOT here to debate (and believe me, I am very informed when it comes to vaccines among other health issues, no thanks to my doctors) I only hoped to gain even more information and knowledge on the subject.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM

73 posts, read 163,648 times
I think it's incredibly unreasonable to post a question on a public message board and assume that you can stifle any sort of debate.

And, if you're so passionate about your child's vaccinations, why are you turning to a real estate themed message board for answers and referrals?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 PM

[mod cut]

I NEVER ASKED FOR ADVICE YOU SILLY SILLY SILLY PEOPLE!

I ASKED FOR RESOURCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by aragx6; 11-13-2008 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: calling out moderator is againat the Terms of Service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs