U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 PM

5 posts, read 27,417 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am moving from Texas to Chicagoland area. Saw a great house in West Dundee. My budget is upto 500k. Will work in Schaumburg.

Could not find anything positive or negative about West Dundee. Please provide inputs about West Dundee- both good or bad.

Thanks,
Blake

Last edited by blake72; 02-22-2007 at 06:52 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2007, 07:40 AM

4,722 posts, read 14,945,349 times
I think Dundee is really nice,,I have not heard any bad about it.It has a really nice "downtown" very old buildings well kept up and quaint..(If you saw the movie with Newman and Hanks "Road to Perdition",its the town where Jude Law gets it.) The houses around the village are well kept,some historic,but nice neighborhoods,parks and the Fox River runs thru town dividing East from West Dundee.There is a large Mall,new subdivisions and much new growth around the village area,its also close to a major free way.I hope that helps a little....

Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Thanks nanannie

Thanks nanannie...I really appreciate your reply

St. Charles is an adjacent to West dundee..it's prices are atleast 100k higher than West dundee for the same configuration..any particular reason...st.charles is awesome but the commute time is more from there to schaumburg and it also exceeds my budget...

Thanks once again...

Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 AM

20,004 posts, read 74,490,369 times
If youre going to be working in Schaumburg, Id suggest sticking around that area, the communte could be a killer. Schaumburg is a great town too, LOTS to do there. Id recommend Hoffman Estates as well.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Dundee is a much smaller town then St C(,I think thats a great town too),and maybe a little "further" out.They(Dundee) dont have all the businesses and industry,and "Charles" has more affluent areas,but Dundee continues to grow and is a very nice town.They arent really "adjacent" per se(Dundee s closer to the towns of Elgin and Algonquin.)The commute from Dundee's downtown to Schaumburg? You could take Dundee rd(68) which intersects with Algonquin rd,(62)which takes you right there,less then 1/2 hr.I make that trip often.but its so spread out,you would have to judge from where your job vs where your home in Dundee is..I USUALLY agree with you steve-o,,but I dont think Hoffman Estates or Schaumburg can hold a candle if blake is looking at towns like West Dundee and St Charles. Hoff E and S'burg are both glorified strip malls and subdivisions--NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT--but VERY different from the towns blake 72 was interested in.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Default Thanks Stev-o and nanannie

Thanks a bunch Stev-o and nanannie...We went today to S'burg and hoffman estates..but were very good..but again Dundee seems to be more wide open, very green and tranquil...S'burg and h'estates are very urbanised as compared to Dundee..But when it comes to property value appreciation I am very sure S'burg an h'estates will have a quantum jump as compared to Dundee....

Thanks once again..your inputs have really helped me..please keep sharing the knowledge...

Cheers

Old 03-18-2007, 08:06 AM

7 posts, read 36,796 times
I lived in West Dundee for the first 18 years of my life and then moved to Sleepy Hollow which is a more upscale community adjacent to West Dundee. I now live in Springfield Illinois and I have to say I really miss Dundee. I just recently went back for my 20th high school reunion and realized what a wonderful place Dundee was growing up. There is virtually no crime there, unlike Springfield which is a cesspool. Although the population has grown significantly in the last few years the town still has that small town charm. The only negative thing I can say about Dundee is the traffic, otherwise I would recommend Dundee to anyone. Also check out Sleepy Hollow, if you have the money they have some great homes there with big yards.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,253 times
Default west dundee

Blake,
We moved here from Minnesota last year. West Dundee is a nice area - easy commute to Schaumberg. (maybe 20 minutes) There are new homes in your price range at the corner of Sleepy Hollow Road and Huntley. Dundee Highlands is a nice small elementary if you have children. There are also private schools around the area. Coming from Texas I think you will get a little less house for the money, but West Dundee is not too bad. The closer to Schaumberg you get the less house for the money.
Good Luck!

Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 PM

I went ahead and bought a Single Family house in West Dundee :-)

I love it..........

Thank you so much for taking time to write your comments...

Thank you nanannie,Steve-O,yort & byrns27

Old 04-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Good for you Blake,,Welcome home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs