Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 AM

40 posts, read 170,048 times

Advertisements

What are parents doing in Oak Park for after school care of their school-age children? Do the neighborhood schools offer after care programs? I'm originally from OH and there was always some type of after care program that ran until 6pm or 6:30 in the city and suburbs. Most of them are right on the School premises, so easy! I checked out the Oak Park schools website and it looks like they have PTO driven programs that end at 4pm. What about working parents getting off work at 5pm? Can you name the elementary schools in Oak Park participating? Also cost if you know? Are there daycares that transport? What does that cost?

I love this website and I read for hours sometimes. What is nanny sharing all about? How do parents vet these nannies? Any other suggestions would be helpful. If it helps, I currently spend $100 week for after care for my daughter at her neighborhood school in OH. The care starts at 3:30pm and ends at 6pm. So, its only 2.5 hrs. I could afford to increase this amount to $200/week, but I don't really want to, not for a measly 12 hrs per week.

A little background, I was supposed to be transferred to Chicago last year, but it didn't happen. But, it looks like its going to happen in 09. I've already decided on Oak Park to live so it has to be a reasonable commute. I am getting rid of my car. Wow! Just saying that makes me sooooo happy.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Oak Park is not in Chicago. It is in the Chicago burbs. Please ask a moderator to move these threads to the Chicago Suburb forum where your questions can be answered better.

Good luck with the move by the way.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 01-04-2009 at 01:43 AM..

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,656 times
Tanzall, you can read information about Hephzibah, an organization that provides after school care for children. They provide service on-site in each elementary school in Oak Park till 6pm. They are very good. My 7 y-old daughter attends their program for 2 years already and she loves it. The daycare cost is based on your family income, but not up to $100/week.

http://www.hephzibahhome.org/programs.html

Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnet View Post
Tanzall, you can read information about Hephzibah, an organization that provides after school care for children. They provide service on-site in each elementary school in Oak Park till 6pm. They are very good. My 7 y-old daughter attends their program for 2 years already and she loves it. The daycare cost is based on your family income, but not up to $100/week.

Hephzibah Children's Association
What's with the weird hippy dippy name of this program? Even in Oak Park that would scare some people away...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs