Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 05:53 PM

333 posts, read 1,147,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Urban Princess View Post
Ha..I've never had anyone tell me that. Thank you!

I would still do Orland, you know why? Well, because when it's all said and done, I'm not really concerned where I fit in, ya know? Perhaps my know it all liberal presence would cause right wing, anal retentive conservatives to flee.

Since we're giving residential suggestions, I think you would probably do wonderfully in Winthrop Harbor or Round Lake.
Actually, most of Orland Park is extremely conservative- and it was one of the few towns in Cook County where Mccain beat Obama.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Urban Princess View Post
Oh...gotcha Scotty..thanks for the clarification. I hope I didn't scare you with the "hatin" word. I've really been abusing it lately. I heard the phrase is almost extinct. I'm a tad late in using it.

Well, I would go as far to say that blacks have come pretty far. You seen the news today?

South Suburbs Rock and I love all the people here. Except certain people in Harvey, Dolton, Robbins, Phoenix and Markham. I steer clear of them.

If I ever had to flee, I'd probably go to Frankfort or Orland Park.
Being that blacks have come so far in this country, is it not fair to agree that affirmative action should be eliminated.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Your conversation with your friends must have been mind-numbingly boring if you were noticing the ethnicity of the people driving by.

Also, promise would you feel if you were no longer in America, but Prague if everyone was speaking Czech instead of Spanish which the poster john mentioned about Berwyn from 35 years ago? Would you have been as pissed off about that as you seem to be about the Mexicans?

Oh, funny thing about Mexicans. It may be WAAAAAAYYYYYY back, and mixed with Native American or other etnicities, but most of them can trace ancestry back to Spain. Where is Spain? Hmmmm.....Europe. So, that would make Mexicans, well, EUROPEAN!
Mister Mappy- just face it- it is not normal for 2 gay men to hold hands and walk in a public place. Lets do a survey on this scenario.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Mister Mappy- just face it- it is not normal for 2 gay men to hold hands and walk in a public place. Lets do a survey on this scenario.
I feel that every American should learn how to speak English. If my grandparents that came from Italy had to learn how to speak Engish and assimilate to this country, then why must we give Hispanics a break from learning English, by catering to their language and culture. America never catered to our European families language and culture.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:20 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,838 times
Quote:

AAAH, when challenged let's deflect back on the other person. WHERE did I mention gay people in my post? NOWHERE. It's not NORMAL to notice ethnicites of people driving by on the street. Let's do a survey on that.

You know what promis, you shouldn't move to Orland Park, or a cave in Montana. You should build yourself a time machine, and take it back to 1955. Then all the nasty blacks & Mexicans will know their place and stay out of your lily white neighborhood, and all of the perverted gays will be hiding in the closet while pretending they're straight, and June Cleaver can come by, and wash your clothes, and serve you dinner while wearing a fancy dress, and pearls.

Jackass. (I don't care if I get a moderator cut)

Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
AAAH, when challenged let's deflect back on the other person. WHERE did I mention gay people in my post? NOWHERE. It's not NORMAL to notice ethnicites of people driving by on the street. Let's do a survey on that.

You know what promis, you shouldn't move to Orland Park, or a cave in Montana. You should build yourself a time machine, and take it back to 1955. Then all the nasty blacks & Mexicans will know their place and stay out of your lily white neighborhood, and all of the perverted gays will be hiding in the closet while pretending they're straight, and June Cleaver can come by, and wash your clothes, and serve you dinner while wearing a fancy dress, and pearls.

Jackass. (I don't care if I get a moderator cut)
The whole June Clever scenario sounds real enticing!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 PM

41 posts, read 385,625 times
Quote:
I feel that every American should learn how to speak English. If my grandparents that came from Italy had to learn how to speak Engish and assimilate to this country, then why must we give Hispanics a break from learning English, by catering to their language and culture. America never catered to our European families language and culture.

Did you say your grandparents came from Italy? Did I read that or do I have cataracts?

What part?

Why did they migrate to the states?

Where did they settle? Did they stay?

Do they live in the suburbs?

Do you have the history on their "flighting"..do share. This should be good.

**brushing up on Italian History**

Last edited by Sub-Urban Princess; 01-20-2009 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: formatting...added text

Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,196,626 times
Quote:
Your conversation with your friends must have been mind-numbingly boring if you were noticing the ethnicity of the people driving by.

Also, promise would you feel if you were no longer in America, but Prague if everyone was speaking Czech instead of Spanish which the poster john mentioned about Berwyn from 35 years ago? Would you have been as pissed off about that as you seem to be about the Mexicans?

Oh, funny thing about Mexicans. It may be WAAAAAAYYYYYY back, and mixed with Native American or other etnicities, but most of them can trace ancestry back to Spain. Where is Spain? Hmmmm.....Europe. So, that would make Mexicans, well, EUROPEAN!
I would have to disagree with you. According to Mexico, most Mexicans are not European and you can see that in the features. Argentina is the one that is almost pure European, not Mexico.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty40 View Post
Yikes- I think you misunderstood me -not hating on anyone... Earlier in this thread- I made a point that although there is a changing demographic (to what extent is arguable)- there is no "Wealth Flight" in HF. The presense of black wealth in this particular area in the south suburbs is quite striking and I think it bodes well for the entire area. In fact- check out higley1000.com... Flossmoor is listed #4 on the top 25 wealthiest black neighborhoods in the country.
Flossmoor do have a large upper middle class black population, but the village is not majority black. Flossmoor is around 62% white.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Spanish is European, and I believe the language is actually older than English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs