Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 PM

41 posts, read 385,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty40 View Post
Yikes- I think you misunderstood me -not hating on anyone... Earlier in this thread- I made a point that although there is a changing demographic (to what extent is arguable)- there is no "Wealth Flight" in HF. The presense of black wealth in this particular area in the south suburbs is quite striking and I think it bodes well for the entire area. In fact- check out higley1000.com... Flossmoor is listed #4 on the top 25 wealthiest black neighborhoods in the country.

Oh...gotcha Scotty..thanks for the clarification. I hope I didn't scare you with the "hatin" word. I've really been abusing it lately. I heard the phrase is almost extinct. I'm a tad late in using it.

Well, I would go as far to say that blacks have come pretty far. You seen the news today?

South Suburbs Rock and I love all the people here. Except certain people in Harvey, Dolton, Robbins, Phoenix and Markham. I steer clear of them.

If I ever had to flee, I'd probably go to Frankfort or Orland Park.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM

333 posts, read 1,148,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Urban Princess View Post
Oh...gotcha Scotty..thanks for the clarification. I hope I didn't scare you with the "hatin" word. I've really been abusing it lately. I heard the phrase is almost extinct. I'm a tad late in using it.

Well, I would go as far to say that blacks have come pretty far. You seen the news today?

South Suburbs Rock and I love all the people here. Except certain people in Harvey, Dolton, Robbins, Phoenix and Markham. I steer clear of them.

If I ever had to flee, I'd probably go to Frankfort or Orland Park.
Does not sound like you are a good fit for Orland Park- I sense you are a do good, know it all liberal- not a good fit for Orland Park. You would probably fit in great in Oak park- many know it all Liberals there too!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:14 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,808,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by promis1 View Post
Does not sound like you are a good fit for Orland Park- I sense you are a do good, know it all liberal- not a good fit for Orland Park. You would probably fit in great in Oak park- many know it all Liberals there too!
I hate to break it to you, but your bizzare and somewhat creepy utopian view of Orland Park isn't 100% accurate, and there are many do-gooder liberal types there--as in all suburbs. You can run, but you can't hide!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,079,417 times
Whereas you are a conservative who is quite modest and humble about his own views.

Quote:

Old 01-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Ha..I've never had anyone tell me that. Thank you!

I would still do Orland, you know why? Well, because when it's all said and done, I'm not really concerned where I fit in, ya know? Perhaps my know it all liberal presence would cause right wing, anal retentive conservatives to flee.

Since we're giving residential suggestions, I think you would probably do wonderfully in Winthrop Harbor or Round Lake.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Does not sound like you are a good fit for Orland Park- I sense you are a do good...

How dare she be a do-good! Take your do-goodness to another place, another town. You do-gooders on this forum are what is the problem w/America... It's so much better to form sweeping generalizations of people of a specific race/culture. So much better to be judgmental and self-righteously preachy about who others should or should not love and marry. Who the heck made America a democratic melting pot?

Promis1, you do have all the answers. If only we would listen! Maybe you would be happier living in a cabin in the mountains away from all the evils of a multi-cultural, integrated democratic society that supports evilness like interracial marriage. Which reminds me - all your talk about do-good un-American liberalism brings to mind a certain manifesto from another Chicagoan nut job....

Industrial Society and Its Future - Wikisource

by Ted Kaczynski

FTR, I'm no bleeding-heart liberal feminist (have often voted Republican though not this election). I guess I'm just another do-gooder who grows tired of the ignorant hate-speak and contempt for others you keep spewing....

Old 01-20-2009, 04:40 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,191,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Which reminds me - all your talk about do-good un-American liberalism brings to mind a certain manifesto from another Chicagoan nut job....

Industrial Society and Its Future - Wikisource

by Ted Kaczynski

FTR, I'm no bleeding liberal feminist (have often voted Republican though not this election). I guess I'm just another do-gooder who grows tired of the ignorant hate-speak and contempt for others you keep spewing....
If you wanna be technical (and I am a technical dude) ol' Ted was from Evergreen Park.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,382,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
If you wanna be technical (and I am a technical dude) ol' Ted was from Evergreen Park.
Do you think he has internet access? Just wondering....

Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Maybe you would be happier living in a cabin in the mountains away from all the evils of a multi-cultural, integrated democratic society that supports evilness like interracial marriage.

*Singing GoCUBS goooo...GoCUBS gooo*

Promis1, I know of a good rural Realtor I can hook you up with. She's Hindu but she specializes in assisting "white flighters" with their culturally destructive goals.

By the way you wouldn't have happened to star in the recent movie Gran Torino did you? You sound familiar.

Back to the topic......

Scotty, I like your theory about there not being "wealth flight" in good 'ol liberal H-F. In fact, it's a community that welcomes "wealth flighters" from other lower income communities. Lots of people are move-up buyers. I was! BTW...do you love Bogart's or what?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,557,216 times
Quote:
BRU67 either does not read well or does not comprehend what he is reading. I told my story of standing outside of a civic organization on 16th st., just east of Oak Park avenue this winter in Berwyn. I was talking to a few friends at about 8 p.m.-not on the corner- and not counting minorities. As we were speaking, I was facing 16th street and noticed virtually every car driving past me appeared to be an Hispanic family or individual- and it just blew my mind. No, I did not count the cars- but yes I did feel as though I was no longer in America- but in Mexico City.

Your conversation with your friends must have been mind-numbingly boring if you were noticing the ethnicity of the people driving by.

Also, promise would you feel if you were no longer in America, but Prague if everyone was speaking Czech instead of Spanish which the poster john mentioned about Berwyn from 35 years ago? Would you have been as pissed off about that as you seem to be about the Mexicans?

Oh, funny thing about Mexicans. It may be WAAAAAAYYYYYY back, and mixed with Native American or other etnicities, but most of them can trace ancestry back to Spain. Where is Spain? Hmmmm.....Europe. So, that would make Mexicans, well, EUROPEAN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs