Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 04:44 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times

Advertisements

You are a PAC lobbiest. Its the same gas formulae, the same emissions, the same cost. The only diff is the cost of the green vehicle and the faster gasoline burn rate. When vehicles run on a polution free fuel - whatever it is - and if that happens in my life time, I might be interested. Right now the only thing being touted as econmy is smoke and missors.

I have a Li-on battery in my cell phone that allows me to talk continuouisly for 6 hours. Why can't car mfg, do the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
You are not supposed to cross-post in the CD forums. Using the same subject in both Chicago forums is the same as cross-posting.
Report it to the mods.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 AM

14 posts, read 23,838 times
The average mpg for cars in Illinois is 20.9. The Calif. Emission standard raises the fleet average up to 39.2 mpg, which is a 13% increase over the federal CAFE standard which was passed in 2007, and goes into effect in 2020. Most people don't realize that the automakers already produce vehicles in every vehicle class that meeti the 39.2 mpg average per fleet! W.e only get a few of these cleaner choices in Illinois

If Illinois joins the other 14 states who have adopted the California car emission standards, the savings to the Illinois economy is estimated at $8.4 billion, with 90,000 new jobs created. Economic savings are accompanied by better public health (especially for asthmatics) and improved air quality.

Most people don't realize that when we buy gasoline in Illinois we are supporting the economies of other states and countries. When we spend less on gas, we use the dollars for other things. According to U of I's REgional Economics Applicatins lab (REAL), most of the $$s saved are spent locally. For more info, please go to www.cleancarsillinois.org (http://www.cleancarsillinois.org - broken link)

Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Seriously, shut up. "Most people don't realize that when we buy gasoline in Illinois we are supporting the economies of other states and countries"? Really? You think we're all so stupid that we believe all the energy we use here is sourced in Illinois? That all the oil we use is extracted, refined and distributed right here in Illinois? That there are not natural gas pipelines running from elsewhere to and through Illinois?

And on top of that you expect us to believe the automotive fleet in California averages 39.2 mpg?

Please, stop treating us like morons. Your agenda-pushing is irritating enough without it.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 AM

358 posts, read 847,738 times
You say "clean choice"...what "choice" do we have if you lobby this through and win? We just get jobbed. If we had a choice, lobbyists wouldn't be involved.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 AM

14 posts, read 23,838 times
Hi all - I'm really sorry to those of you that I have irritated. I'm new to online community and things have gotten off on the wrong foot, though I'm happy to see interest on this issue. My name is Kate and my background is mother of a large, mostly grown up family, and an environmental lawyer. I understand many perspectives when it comes to environmental issues - corporate, citizen, not for profit etc. I also understand that when the economy is in the tank, people lose interest in environmental protection. If you knew me, you'd find I am an independant thinker and avoid labeling myself or others.

Yet, because of my experience, I understand the important role consumers have in resolving environmental issues. My user name - Partners for Clean Choice - is my own not for profit which was formed last year. We put on a hybrid/alternative fuel vehicle show in Naperville that attracted 1500 people This year we are planning another event in October, which will feature the cleanest/greenest vehicles in 12 vehicles classes, as determined by USEPA and the ACEEE. In 2008, there were several cars we could not get at our show because they were not available in Illinois. I'm currently working through USEPA's 2009 fuel economy rankings to see which well ranked vehicles are available in Illinois.

I'm not a paid lobbyist. With that background, would you like to me to sign out as Partners for Clean Choice, and sign back in as KSchrank?

People have so much power in their consumer choices and I'm interested helping people cut through the myriad of information to be able to make conscious choices when it comes to vehicle and home life purchases.

Last edited by Partners for Clean Choice; 01-28-2009 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partners for Clean Choice View Post
I'm not a paid lobbyist. With that background, would you like to me to sign out as Partners for Clean Choice, and sign back in as KSchrank?
What we'd really like you to do is stop hectoring us and insulting our intelligence. You've made your case. We've made it clear we're not interested. Take the hint.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 AM

358 posts, read 847,738 times
Kate, this isn't an environmental forum, and this has nothing specifically to do with the Chicago burbs, so of course you're going to get flak.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
We've allowed many local politics posts in the past, it's clear the OP is not a lobbyist, and other than cross posting, she hasn't broken any of the terms of service.

I considered merging all three threads into one on the main Illinois forum, but they're prety long and at this point I fear they'd make no sense.

If this is what everyone would like me to do however I will consider it.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:42 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,392,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partners for Clean Choice View Post
Average increased costs is about $1,000 per vehicle =higher fuel economy, less emissions.
Whats your purpose on these boards? You post the same crap in different forums, then never respond to anyone who confronts you (ie Drover).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: