Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,358,639 times

Advertisements

Start planting some really thorney type bushes, rugosa roses or barberries - just on the other side of the fence they climb. They fall into those, they won't climb over anymore, guaranteed. I would not stoop to being the kind of crank that keeps their balls though, kids like to vandalize crank neighbors. Remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 03:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,621,807 times
Why cant they go in your yard> whats going on back there?

I grew up in a hood like that. We were respectful of property and flowers,but were always running thru yards. Never dawned on me that someone would care. Except for crabby ol Mrs Wigler.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:49 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,244,791 times
I jump fences all the time.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 PM

2,564 posts, read 3,632,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I jump fences all the time.
LOL. Not surprised Venom.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,510 times
Sorry OP but when it comes to some people and their kids, sometimes there is just no compromising. Next time, move to a block that has mostly senior citizens like I did. That way you'll only be bothered by the occasional ambulance siren

Old 06-18-2009, 08:10 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,513,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
Motion detector sprinkler.
Now that is a good one. LOL! I could see it now. "Go Billy jump." (Billy jumps) pfffffffff tick tick tick tick tick pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff tick tick tick tick pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff lol (Billy gets soaked) Only other part of that cartoon image you now have in your mind that I leave out is that Billy now goes over and stomps the - - - t out of your sprinkler you just spent $30 on.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,272,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Now that is a good one. LOL! I could see it now. "Go Billy jump." (Billy jumps) pfffffffff tick tick tick tick tick pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff tick tick tick tick pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff lol (Billy gets soaked) Only other part of that cartoon image you now have in your mind that I leave out is that Billy now goes over and stomps the - - - t out of your sprinkler you just spent $30 on.
Have a surveillance camera so that Billy's parents reimburse you for the stomped sprinkler.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:45 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,852,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
You really think people shouldn't lean bikes against your fence or let balls hit it?!? Are you serious?

Maybe you ought to tear the fence down and just let the kids play across your yard. If the kids can get two or three yards strung together they can have great football games.
You're kidding, right? Some people have fences because they want to keep their dogs in the yard. And if the fence is on my property, its MY insurance that pays when a dumb kid climbs on it, falls, and breaks his neck.

We had a similar sitiation. Our back yard had no fence, but all the neighbor's yards did. And living right across from a "T" intersection, we used to get a lot of kids walking home from school, who upon reaching the cross-street at the end of the "T", would march right up our driveway, through our back yard and the yard behind ours, to points unknown in the next block. They regularly trampled our garden and flowers. We eventually had to spring for a fence to match the others and now the kids use the proper sidewalks like they should.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,207 times
the comment about tearing the fence down and making a football field is bull crap. ive put alot of labor, time, money and care into my yard. i take pride in where i live. theres a drove of kids that have over an acre of field to play in. but they choose to play right against my fence, my dog lot, destroying shrubs, flowers, lights, fence, bird baths. ive asked nicely, but repeatedly, "please dont sit on the fence, please could you keep the ball out of the flowers, please dont tease our dogs. they are spiteful, rude, disrespectful as so are the parents. ive gone to the parents, talked to them but they want to argue, raise hell, their childrens do nothing. they are all hispanic, behave with no manners. and now theyve begun to throw trash into my yard. im am furious. frustrated, disgusted and have gotten slightly rude myself. but the worst was when they got chickens, let them roam. chicken poop on my vehicles, porch, patio table, on the clean clothes hanging on my line. that tore it. i dialed 911. the crittter problem solved, keep them in a chicken coop, cages, etc or huge fine. now i just wished the kid problem was as simple.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:10 PM

2,568 posts, read 2,524,019 times
Nothing like dragging up a 9 year old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
View detailed profiles of: