Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM

3 posts, read 6,904 times

Advertisements

Considering moving to Elk Grove Village. Would still need to take kids to their school in Lake View everyday (Irving Park Road at Lake Shore Drive). Assume fastest way would be to take the Kennedy to Keeler/Irving Park Road exit, then their school is a straight shot down Irving Park Road. School opens at 8:15 and gets out at 3:30. Any idea of travel times on the Kennedy to the Irving Park exit at those times of day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,846,403 times
Nightmarish. An hour or more each way, at least during the morning drop-off. Both Irving Park and the Kennedy are heavy during those times of day -- less so at 3:30 than 8:15, but by the time you pick up, turn around and head back out, you're going to start encountering the afternoon gridlock. I live less than a mile from the Irving Park/Kennedy exit and outbound traffic CRAWLS in that area any time near or during rush hour.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:39 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,411,992 times
I'd add horrible and extremely dangerous to sanity to that list too. You'll be best off no further west than Western. Trust us on this!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:00 AM

3 posts, read 6,904 times
Default Yes, Irving Park is rough!

Thanks for writing. I live in Portage Park now and have been enduring six miles on Irving Park Road at those travel times for 5 years now. So, I definitely know how bad Irving Park can be.

I'm mainly wondering how much extra time it would add on to my commute to take the Kennedy from Elk Grove in order to get to that Irving Park exit. As I could then skip the travel time from Portage Park to that point on Irving Park Road, I'm guessing it may not be that much longer compared to the time I normally would've spent sitting at the Six Corners intersection anyway!

Would be great to know for sure from someone who takes that route on the Kennedy each day.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:34 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,846,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmamc View Post
Would be great to know for sure from someone who takes that route on the Kennedy each day.
My wife takes that route on the Kennedy each day. Trust me, it sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs