Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:43 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,750,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
You can get an amazing house in good shape where you won't have to be ripping out green bath tubs and pink toilets in towns such as Tinley Park, Orland Park, Mokena, Frankfort, Lockport, Homer Glen, Lemont, and Crestwood. In all cases, all towns have great schools, taxes are.... well about as good to be expected, shopping is abundant, crime is low to non-existant, recreation is ample, trains do service the towns and do run right into the Loop, traffic in Orland Park primarily can be a bit cumbersome, but the locals know how to navigate around it. Eatting establishments are plentiful especially in Orland Park and Tinley Park.

Here is a brief listing of some Orland Park homes you can expect to see in your price range. Real Estate at Homes.Com for ORLAND PARK, IL

Good luck.
Agree. I believe Tinley Park has a lot of inventory in that price range. I'd start there, espeically since you're new to the area. Its classic suburbia with lots of shopping, near highways, and less distant from downtown than some other affordable burbs.

And actually, Crestwood gives you a tax rebate (I think 75%) as does Orland Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 AM

10 posts, read 39,119 times
Palatine and Arlington Heights have some inventory at that price range with some great schools - some not so be careful. Closer to the city, if you don't mind it being a bit boring is Lincolnwood and Skokie - totaly untrendy. The only district in Skokie though with good schools and houses/condos in that range is District 73 but its a great little district. It really depends where the commute is to. Skokie and Lincolnwood are only a couple minutes out of the north side. If the commute is to the south side or loop I would look at Oakbrook.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,263,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawben View Post
Palatine and Arlington Heights have some inventory at that price range with some great schools - some not so be careful. Closer to the city, if you don't mind it being a bit boring is Lincolnwood and Skokie - totaly untrendy. The only district in Skokie though with good schools and houses/condos in that range is District 73 but its a great little district. It really depends where the commute is to. Skokie and Lincolnwood are only a couple minutes out of the north side. If the commute is to the south side or loop I would look at Oakbrook.
Stick to district 25, and 23 and it's all good. The district 21 schools that are located in Arlington Heights are also good. I do not recommend Dist 59 on the south end of Arlington Heights. Some specifics to clear up the generalization bordering on inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs