Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:08 AM

15 posts, read 90,994 times

Advertisements

I am a single bi-racial 27-year-old woman who just landed a job in Naperville and I will be relocating and starting my new job next month. I don't believe I would be living in the Aurora/Naperville area since it is quite expensive. I'm also on a budget and would prefer to live alone than have a roommate (had several bad experiences with that before). I want to get a 1 bedroom/1bath apartment for under $800 a month. I had filed bankruptcy 3 years ago and prefer somewhere where they don't do credit checks. I will be bringing my car but wouldn't mind taking the Metra especially when the roads are bad. So far, I've been looking into the Bolingbrook and Woodridge areas and they seem ok to me. I am also taking Tinley Park into consideration too. Any and all suggestions are much appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 03:57 PM

342 posts, read 1,227,409 times
aurora's not expensive. just buy a house on the near east or west side.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:13 PM

28,455 posts, read 84,936,054 times
You can get apartment for $800/mo in Naperville or Lisle. The credit check might turn up the bankruptcy, but if tell the landlord / leasing agent ahead of time in many cases that will be all they want to hear. If you factor in the cost of commuting you will be hard pressed to find a place that combines the convenience of living in the same town you are working...

Old 09-20-2009, 07:14 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
I see plenty of studios and 1BR apartments in Naperville for under $800 or in the low $800s ($810, $825). Keep in mind that if you can live close to work, you can save on gas money, so that might make up the difference. The credit check might be a problem, though, because it's probably easier to appeal to a private landlord than to a professional property manager. I don't know, but if you are very presentable in person, explain the BK and are able to maybe pay a larger deposit, you might be OK. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
Lisle's a good idea too. It's a little town right next to Naperville. Naperville is sort of sprawling, and getting all the way across town can be a pain--so you don't want to live on the other side if you can avoid it. Can you name some nearby cross streets? (DM me if you want to.)

Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM

69 posts, read 392,823 times
Woodridge is pretty pricey, but bolingbrook should have a ton available.

Tinley/Orland will be within your price range also, but there is not much to choose from. The commute is 20 min by car (I do it daily).

Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg1594 View Post
aurora's not expensive. just buy a house on the near east or west side.
Thank you, Bulldawg! I do see that Aurora is cheaper than Naperville. I will look into that.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
You can get apartment for $800/mo in Naperville or Lisle. The credit check might turn up the bankruptcy, but if tell the landlord / leasing agent ahead of time in many cases that will be all they want to hear. If you factor in the cost of commuting you will be hard pressed to find a place that combines the convenience of living in the same town you are working...
You're right, Chet! I should probably look more into the Aurora/Naperville area since I will be driving my car to and from work and ocassionally running errands (like grocery shopping) after work.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Lisle's a good idea too. It's a little town right next to Naperville. Naperville is sort of sprawling, and getting all the way across town can be a pain--so you don't want to live on the other side if you can avoid it. Can you name some nearby cross streets? (DM me if you want to.)
Thanks, Julia! I'll actually be working on the outskirts of Naperville. I am considering Aurora as a possiblity.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knat_2 View Post
Woodridge is pretty pricey, but bolingbrook should have a ton available.

Tinley/Orland will be within your price range also, but there is not much to choose from. The commute is 20 min by car (I do it daily).
Thanks, knat! Can you or anyone else who replied, tell me if Riverstone apartments are worth looking into as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs