Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:22 PM

38 posts, read 222,079 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Elk Grove Village and went to high school in Hoffman Estates, IL. Being 29 now, I wish I had the $400k to live in Elk Grove Village!! I love that city. EXCELLENT town to raise your kids in. VERY safe area. Clean/nice houses. $450-550 range for a home, you can buy a really nice one in Elk Grove/Schaumburg area. But for that kind of money, a lot of people live up north. It all depends on what floats your boat. Definitely worth taking a drive looking around. But I will sware on Elk Grove though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 11,654 times
Red face also moving to Chicago

I am checking our Riverside-Brookfield High school and the Lyons Township High schools for my creative daughter. How do these schools compare?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 AM

677 posts, read 4,198,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmom View Post
I am checking our Riverside-Brookfield High school and the Lyons Township High schools for my creative daughter. How do these schools compare?
Here's what I wrote in response to someone who asked the same question a few months ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahava View Post
Here are the reasons why LT is better than Riverside-Brookfield: Riverside-Brookfield's PSAE average has been decreasing for the past three years and reached a four-year low last year. LT's PSAE average has been increasing for the past five years (which is as long as the % meeting/exceeding standards data is available). LT consistently has a higher ACT average, even before all students took the ACT as part of the PSAE. Last year LT's graduation rate reached a seven-year high. Riverside-Brookfield does have a higher attendance rate, but it's been decreasing for the past four years.
Also, by "creative" I'm assuming your daughter is interested in art - you can see what art courses each school offers here (http://www.lths.net/export/sites/LTHS/Academics/Academic_Program_Guide/_files/Art_pp46-50.pdf (broken link)) and here (TABLE OF CONTENTS (http://www.rbhs208.org/curriculumguide0708/curriculum%20guide.htm#visualarts - broken link)).

Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 11,654 times
Red face other areas...

How about kids who need learning support? Do Riverside-Brookfield High and Lyons Township High devote themselves to these kids??

Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,735,208 times
If your husbands at the UPS Hub, that's in Willow Springs, just SW of the city, so the Lyons Township HS are awould be A LOT closer and more convenient than the north, northwest burbs.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,735,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
If your husbands at the UPS Hub, that's in Willow Springs, just SW of the city, so the Lyons Township HS are awould be A LOT closer and more convenient than the north, northwest burbs.
Sorry, I think its actually Hodgkins, Il, but they're right across I-294 from each other. That's the main UPS facility I'm aware of.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 AM

22 posts, read 145,867 times
Default Riverside-Brookfield school

Moderator cut: ad Here is where I go sometimes to check for Riverside-Brookfield school (or Lyons Township School).

2007 Illinois School Report Card Results

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 12-15-2007 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: ad

Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Somehow, when I pasted the link, the link has got additional words. This is the right one:
2007 Illinois School Report Card Results

Old 11-29-2007, 09:13 AM

System is blocking me to paste the link. There are always additional words. Sorry.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM

1,216 posts, read 5,754,271 times
accorindg to Wikipedia, CACH hub is:

"The Chicago Area Consolidation Hub (CACH) is a package sorting hub for United Parcel Service. Located approximately 15 miles southwest of Chicago (see map), the facility is so large it is in several municipalities, primarily Willow Springs, Illinois but also Hodgkins. "

so - if this is the case, it may be worth while to look in Western, southern or southwestern burbs instead of northern or northwestern 'burbs.

**edited to add... sorry cdc, i didnt see your posts until after I posted mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs