Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:00 PM

947 posts, read 2,412,236 times

Advertisements

It IS off the subject, but I've had no money, have a bit now. Having money much better than having no money.
Meth lab not an option for me in either circumstance. Going back to college, priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,459,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
LOL what is happening around here? A CRACK RING in Wilmette too??

Police Bust Suspected Crack Cocaine Ring In Wilmette - cbs2chicago.com (http://cbs2chicago.com/local/wilmette.crack.ring.2.1411371.html - broken link)
Stay tuned for the reality show, "Suburban Chicago Housewives".

Really now, drug manufacturing is going on everywhere.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,767,333 times
Kids are into drugs everywhere. Kids in winnetka just have more money, so the kids that are in to drugs, usually have more of them, easier access to more "designer drugs"(mdma, x, lsd, etc), and more elaborate manufacturing operations. All of this typically due to access to lots of money. I'm sure if you gave some kids in Berwyn the same amount of money to play with, they would be up to the same thing.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:04 AM

114 posts, read 385,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
Kids are into drugs everywhere. Kids in winnetka just have more money, so the kids that are in to drugs, usually have more of them, easier access to more "designer drugs"(mdma, x, lsd, etc), and more elaborate manufacturing operations. All of this typically due to access to lots of money. I'm sure if you gave some kids in Berwyn the same amount of money to play with, they would be up to the same thing.
Agreed. I think its all about being on top of it as best you can as a parent and even then there are no guarantees.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,459,926 times
As it relates to the Meth lab thing, the manufacturers were not local teens or children. Just because it was produced in Winnetka does not mean it was sold locally, or not. Heck, the location might have been chosen because it was thought it more likely to fall under the radar.

Drugs are an equal opportunity destroyer....manifesting in all socio-economic, intelligence and emotional IQs, rural/urban/suburban settings, family dynamics, etc. It's an epidemic, everywhere.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 PM

378 posts, read 1,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
As it relates to the Meth lab thing, the manufacturers were not local teens or children. Just because it was produced in Winnetka does not mean it was sold locally, or not. Heck, the location might have been chosen because it was thought it more likely to fall under the radar.

Drugs are an equal opportunity destroyer....manifesting in all socio-economic, intelligence and emotional IQs, rural/urban/suburban settings, family dynamics, etc. It's an epidemic, everywhere.
I've lived around here my entire life and I've NEVER heard of anyone doing anything related to meth before this. Weed, coke, heroin, LSD, X, shrooms, and any pill you can name, sure. But this was a first. I completely agree that they likely set this up here because people wouldn't suspect it.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,404,112 times
I haven't ever heard about any drug problem with any kids around my neighborhood and I have lived in New Trier for a long time.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM

378 posts, read 1,284,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I haven't ever heard about any drug problem with any kids around my neighborhood and I have lived in New Trier for a long time.
I suppose it depends on how you define drug problem.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:37 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,404,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
I suppose it depends on how you define drug problem.
I mean abusing drugs. I've raised my kids LDS, so I suppose they associate with a crowd that is not into it, but the most shocking thing with kids here that I can recall is when some kids destroyed a vacant home here in Winnetka.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,699 times
Parents on The North Shore Please Wake Up!I read above that parents think that New Trier doesn't have a drug problem and were surprized that they found a Meth Lab in Winnetka and now Wilmette. Ok let start here,My brother went on to college in 1972 after 4 great years at New Trier. He said yes, that anyone who thinks that a school of 3000 plus students are not doing, sell drugs, smoking or drink smack yourself upside your head and cut a peace of hair off your kid and go to walgreens, grab a test and find out the truth .Now were in 1977-80 Drugs at New Trier were everywhere but, meth (we had speed), herion which is one of the two (herion and Meth) Drugs I never did. The main reason I never did Herion was because my parents, friends, school scared me stiff. Even to this day I this school need to focas more on speaking with kids on how bad Meth and Herion are.So, at New Trier you could get anything you wanted between 77-80. I remember get some Gold Bud Pot. It was good but, the only problem is my mom saw me told me I was higher then a kite and found it two days later. Bummer. So parents, keep an eye on your kids. I say 75 to 80% are doing drugs, having sex, drinking beer and playing some of those real stupid game. sorry got to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs