Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2006, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,470 times

Advertisements

I will be transfering to Elwood, IL. from the far north suburbs of IL for work. I am told Elwood is outside of Joliet? I am looking for a decent apartment within 40 minutes of Elwood that is clean and safe. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2006, 09:08 PM

220 posts, read 675,309 times
Depends what you like, could go small town and places like Coal City, more suburban places like New Lenox and Mokena or further south and the cheaper living of Kankakee County.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:49 AM

3 posts, read 10,670 times
Default Apartment close to Elwood

[Manhattan is a nice town, very close, but a little high. Joliet is close, but you have to know the areas. Elwood has some apartments that charge according to income, but you need to apply ahead. These seem to be well taken care of and safe, and if you will be working in Elwood, right in town. Coal city, Braidwood, Wilmington are close. I think Kankakee would not be a good drive, especially in the winter the roads are very bad.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:42 AM

60 posts, read 347,860 times
Thumbs up Consider Minooka

Minooka is the next hot spot where all the young families are flooding out to. This area is only about a 20 minute drive to Elwood, yet is all new, clean, safe, and affordable. Minooka

I know of some brand new apartments that just opened up a couple of years ago that are on a street called Ridge Road. Ridge Road is exit 122 off I-80. Take Ridge Road south about 6 miles and this will lead you to the apartments. These apartments are on the east side of Ridge and have a pool, club house, in-unit laundry, balconies, and offer garages. Rents are about $900 for a one bedroom, $1100 for a two bedroom two bath with a jacuzzi. I know this seems a bit steep, but they are worth it and the area is as well. Here's a link to them View Mallard Point Apartments For Rent in Channahon, Illinois - ForRent.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs