Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 12,941 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I don't if anyone can answer this, but I thought I'd try anyway.

My son is in college and has worked part time at UPS in Hodgkins since Nov. 2008. Since then, every time I drop him off in the afternoon and pick him up at night, I have noticed a small boarded up house across the street from UPS on the west side of the street in the 7900 block of Willow Springs Road. I'm wondering if anyone who may live in the area knows anything about that house. It's a small house and it looks nice from the outside, but all of the windows are boarded and I never see anyone or any activity of any sort around it, day or night. It is fenced and has a rather large lot. Just curious because it seems like a nice house to be abandoned so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
Hi,

The property was bought by a park district (not Willow Springs). There is a sign near the driveway. It is an awesome house and property

Old 06-29-2010, 03:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,111 times
Ask around and tell them you know Mike Corbitt. If they still give you grief, tell them you are related to "Doc" Rust. You may get the house deeded to you.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:01 PM

3 posts, read 12,941 times
Thanks for the responses. I did finally see that park district sign, so I gave up on it. It is a cute house though.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
LOL illinione.... Some friends and I just had a lengthy conversation about the Police Chief, Mayor and Willow Springs the other day. What a colorful town

Old 07-14-2010, 07:36 PM

3 posts, read 11,111 times
The stories about Willow Springs are amazing. The police chief, Michael Corbitt, wrote a book about what happened there before he passed away. Unbelievable stuff, even by Chicago standards. The Diane McMasters murder, the 10 brothels in a town of about 5,000 people, the canal that literally caught on fire (water, mind you) because of the dumping of items and chemicals, the mayor and police officers making so much in bribes that they would sometimes forget to cash their legitimate paychecks.... I could go on for hours.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:06 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
I used to know someone who lived there and he didn't even have much good to say about the town, though he liked his home, or at least his wife did. The UPS site used to be a GM stamping plant, a land use that would have never been allowed in most suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs