Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 44,355 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have read many posts on this site and it's really nice people are helping out each other.

I want to buy a home in best school district I know Schaumburg, palatine and Naperville apart from that what are the other good school districts?

I wanted to know more about morton grove, skokie school district..

Is there anywhere info on school districts is available?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 PM

53 posts, read 209,867 times
Check out Greatschools.net

Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 36,070 times
Default Chicago City High Schools

The city of Chicago has the top 3 high schools in the state. If you want the best education for your kids, live in the city.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:21 PM

677 posts, read 4,209,369 times
Based on PSAE scores, the top ten elementary schools in the Chicago metro area are: Field Park Elementary (Western Springs school dist 101), Kildeer Countryside Elementary (school dist 96 in Long Grove/Buffalo Grove), Madison Elementary (school dist 181 in Hinsdale/Clarendon Hills), Lincoln Elementary (North Shore school dist 112 in Highland Park), Dryden Elementary (Arlington Heights school dist 25), River Woods Elementary (Naperville school dist 203), Prospect Elementary (school dist 181 in Hinsdale/Clarendon Hills), Cherokee Elementary (Lake Forest school dist 67), Arbor View Elementary (Glen Ellyn school dist 89), and Lincoln Elementary (River Forest school dist 90).

The top ten middle schools in the metro area are: Kennedy Junior High (Naperville school dist 203), Joseph Sears School (Kenilworth school dist 38), Carleton Washburne Middle School (Winnetka school dist 36), Sunset Ridge Elementary (school dist 29 in Northfield), Butler Junior High (school dist 53 in Oak Brook), Bannockburn Elementary (Bannockburn school dist 106), McClure Junior High (Western Springs school dist 101), Daniel Wright Junior High (Lincolnshire-Prairieview school dist 103), Clarendon Hills Middle School (school dist 181 in Hinsdale/Clarendon Hills), and Twin Groves Middle School (school dist 96 in Long Grove/Buffalo Grove).

That doesn't include elementary or middle schools in the Chicago Public School district, because my data doesn't include those. However, Chicago Public schools are included in the high schools. Here are the top ten high schools in the Chicago metro area: Northside College Prep (Chicago Public Schools), Payton College Prep (Chicago Public Schools), Young Magnet High School (Chicago Public Schools), New Trier (in Winnetka), Hinsdale Central, Deerfield, Stevenson (in Lincolnshire), Naperville Central, Glenbrook North (in Northbrook), and Naperville North.

There are many school districts in Skokie and Morton Grove. Districts 67 and 73 are the only ones I'd send my kids to, based on the test scores. The high schools there, Niles West and Niles North, rank 48th and 55th in the metro area, respectively.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 44,355 times
Default Thanks

Thanks everybody for your suggestions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs