Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2007, 09:48 AM

55 posts, read 234,305 times

Advertisements

I heard that Gurnee, IL is a wonderful place to live but it has a traffic problem due to all the people going to Six Flags and Gurnee Mills. Are there any alternative routes I can take to Chicago besides the interstates? What about to O' Hare and/or Willow Creek?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 AM

677 posts, read 4,209,584 times
I doubt that Six Flags and Gurnee Mills are responsible for all of the traffic problems in Gurnee. They're on the same street, and Six Flags is only open May - October. Taking I-94 is going to be faster than any back road, unless you're traveling during rush hour. But I'll suggest some alternate routes anyway... Depending on where in Chicago you're going, you could take Washington St or Rt 120 to Sheridan Rd, which eventually turns into Lake Shore Dr. To get to O'Hare you could take Rt 21/45 the whole way (when it splits stay on 45). I've taken that way before, but not from as far north as Gurnee. Willow Creek is somewhere in Barrington? There aren't any good ways to get there from Gurnee because there aren't really any roads that travel southwest to northeast. Everything is northwest to southeast toward Chicago. If you just want to get around the Gurnee section of I-94 and avoid that Six Flags traffic, take Hunt Club Rd instead.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 AM

4 posts, read 11,837 times
Don't move to Gurnee unless you don't care about crime at the shopping mall and tickets b/c you're videotaped "running" a red light that turns red after only being on yellow two seconds.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:55 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,257,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCBoy1 View Post
Don't move to Gurnee unless you don't care about crime at the shopping mall and tickets b/c you're videotaped "running" a red light that turns red after only being on yellow two seconds.
Thanks for digging up all the old posts just so you can b@%*& about red-light cameras.
Start a new thread next time.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:16 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,725,428 times
94/294 and 41 are jammed in the summer with Great America. Despite what others on here might claim, I have personally seen on various days the traffic backed all the way up north.

This means that going south won't be a problem during rush hour in the morning.

It's far from O'Hare and the city, but it's not terrible.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM

694 posts, read 2,015,604 times
First, LC is just pissed about being caught by our new Gurnee red light cameras. Too bad. Stupid to comment on old posts just to blow off steam.. Slow down brother!

Second, there is no crime at the mall. Please.

3rd- Chitown- Maybe I misunderstood you? 94/294 and 41 are jammed heading south weekday mornings. Heading south, 94 backs up almost every morning from 7-8:30 from Grand Ave. to Ill. 22 work days and Sunday afternoons due to people driving back from their Wisconsin weekends.

Construction on both roads is making both highways worse right now. The 41/Grand Ave. exit is closed for at least the next year due to construction. I think when the projects are done....Traffic will ease.

Primarily 94 backs up heading north to Grand Ave. on weekday afternoons from 4-6 and Weekend mornings (Six Flags traffic) 9-noon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs