Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,199 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

My family and I currently live in Urbana, IL. I got a job in Chicago area and we are considering moving to Naperville. The job is temporary - for one or two years - and we need to rent a place to live for the same duration. Ideally I would love to avoid big apartment complexes and busy roads and live in a place managed by a small landlord. My main criterion is a walking/biking distance to an elementary school.

I might be asking too much, but how do I find such a place? I recently visited Napeville for just a short time and liked the downtown area (around the north part of Washington St.?) and the campus area quite a lot. I tried a naive approach by driving around but didn't see a single "For rent" sign. Is there a list of landlords which are associated with those areas? Can anyone renting there or in similar places share their landlords phone numbers?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 04:01 PM

720 posts, read 2,997,172 times
Default renting

Theres a really great hiking, biking trail area with a model airplane field and dog park but its near 75th and Plainfield Rd or 87th and plainfield road.

Downtown area there's usually for rent signs if a place is for rent. Check around North Central College and the trian station I know I've seen some over there recently.

You could also check out the Naperville Sun or Craigslist.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post
You could also check out the Naperville Sun or Craigslist.
Thanks for the advice. I didn't know about Naperville Sun - looks like a good source of rental classifieds.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM

21 posts, read 52,680 times
Craigslist is a good place to look - that's how I found my old place. I know that my former apartment (3 bedroom, one bath, upper half of a house) is for rent on Franklin/Mill in Downtown Naperville. We only moved out because we bought a house on the other side of the tracks.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:11 PM

382 posts, read 820,668 times
We got a nice, 4 br house for rent through this website. They have been great to rent from.

Rental Homes Inc, Naperville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs