Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM

9 posts, read 38,681 times

Advertisements

Hi there. Flossmoor is approaching the top of my list for a first place to live in the US, as per my other post advising I am moving across from the UK to take up a job across the pond

I am Googling rental property agents for Flossmoor (including hotel accommodation) but the choices I am being presented with are all outside Flossmoor.

Could you advise of suitable web sites that will give me some scope as to what is available please?

Thank you.

M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 8,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e11esar View Post
Hi there. Flossmoor is approaching the top of my list for a first place to live in the US, as per my other post advising I am moving across from the UK to take up a job across the pond

I am Googling rental property agents for Flossmoor (including hotel accommodation) but the choices I am being presented with are all outside Flossmoor.

Could you advise of suitable web sites that will give me some scope as to what is available please?

Thank you.

M
It would be somewhat hard to find rentals in Flossmoor. Try Country Club Hills to the north and Lynwood,IL to the east. Both are very nice and safe.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Default OPtions

Thank you, I'll take a look.

M

Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 8,825 times
Here is a nice map of Lynwood,IL. Your commute would be very short as well.

Lynwood, IL - Google Maps

Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,986,021 times
also try Realtors located in Flossmoor. They may have a listing or 2 that would take a good renter. http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/Flossmoor,IL/

Last edited by knitgirl; 06-02-2010 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM

829 posts, read 2,087,102 times
You have to know where to look. There aren't going to be a thousand available because there aren't many apartments or condos in the area and most homes are owner occupied. The rentals that are available are usually nice and are in high demand. They are normally advertised more locally. The Southtown star newspaper is also a good source. Here is a link to the classified section Classified - Southtown Star southtownstar.com . Try searching Homewood and Olympia Fields also. Seriously, if you stick to these three towns you can't go wrong at all. To be honest I wouldn't rent anywhere else in the area unless price was a concern. These are clearly the best three towns in the area. No other towns in the area come close to being comparable to these three that I mentioned. Craigslist has a couple of listings just to give you an example. Here are a few links to some of those Massive Space w/Jr. Bedroom/Office, Central A/C, Woodburning Fireplace (http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/apa/1771322433.html - broken link) , Beautiful Remodeled Home in Olympia Fields (http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/apa/1771217852.html - broken link)
Downtown Homewood Apartment (http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/apa/1760276189.html - broken link)

Last edited by allen2323; 06-02-2010 at 08:15 PM..

Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 AM

Default Thank you

Thank you so much for all the help. My new employer will be putting me up in a hotel in Tinley Park to start with but I'll use my free time to look into the places mentioned above, especially Flossmoor as that just looks so nice from the web pages. Once I am actually based in the US, it will make things a lot easier to investigate.

Fun!

M

Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,918,882 times
Try Homewood, Flossmoor, Olympia Fields, the southern part of Country Club Hills (as far east and south as you can) and of course we can't forget Glenwood. Some of Glenwood is okay for renting at least. I am not sure about long term living.

Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 AM

6 posts, read 16,243 times
New kid here.
I don't know if it's too late, but downtown Flossmoor has some really nice apartments right across the street from the train station. MLC Properties is the current landlord. I lived there in 5th grade, and I live in a small space there now, more years later than I care to recount. It's an old building, built as Village Hall in 1929 so it's got lots of charm and its' age also makes it really good because the noise from apartment to apartment is almost nonexistent. Solid construction. Good woods. An elevator. You can hear people in the hallway, but that's expected.
There are also some houses for rent in the area, but they're pricey sometimes. I love living in downtown Flossmoor, have lived in the area many years and love the place. People in Flossmoor are polite. They take turns. They wave at their neighbors. It's a wonderful place to live.
(And in case anyone asks, I don't work for the property company named in this post.)
If you are interested in further properties, the local newspaper is the SouthtownStar and I'm sure you can find it online. Good luck and we'd welcome you in our nice little town.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:18 PM

2 posts, read 6,610 times
Stick to Flossmoor. I'm sure you'll love it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs