U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:43 PM
 
14 posts, read 41,574 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Please rank Chicago nightlife compared to NYC, Boston, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.

I prefer bars and clubs that aren't thuggish. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,390 posts, read 26,353,976 times
Reputation: 5786
better than philly and boston, not good as l.a. or nyc, better for bar hopping than l.a... weaker club scene than both, cheaper than both.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM
 
14 posts, read 41,574 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
better than philly and boston, not good as l.a. or nyc, better for bar hopping than l.a... weaker club scene than both, cheaper than both.
So just want to confirm, Chicago has better club scene than Boston and Philadelphia?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 09:10 AM
 
2,109 posts, read 4,876,953 times
Reputation: 1113
Yeah. Also unlike Boston & Philly (and even LA), the late night clubs are open till 4 & 5 AM sometimes depending on the weekend night. The only other American cities where I believe clubs stay open this late are NYC, Miami & Las Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ123 View Post
So just want to confirm, Chicago has better club scene than Boston and Philadelphia?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Wicker Park/East Village area
2,473 posts, read 3,754,502 times
Reputation: 1926
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ123 View Post
Please rank Chicago nightlife compared to NYC, Boston, Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
The *official* rankings are as follows:

Chicago: 7.72
NYC: 7.97
Boston: 6.39
Philadelphia: 7.12
Los Angeles: 8.11

Please do not accept any unofficial rankings.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 01:26 PM
 
103 posts, read 283,262 times
Reputation: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
Yeah. Also unlike Boston & Philly (and even LA), the late night clubs are open till 4 & 5 AM sometimes depending on the weekend night. The only other American cities where I believe clubs stay open this late are NYC, Miami & Las Vegas.
Chicago has a better club scene than NYC. The clubs are all high end and no dance floors in NYC. Its a bar, lounge, restaurant scene in NYC, Philly, and Boston. Which is good if you are into that but club scene sucks on the east coast.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-23-2010, 05:56 PM
 
Location: roaming gnome
12,390 posts, read 26,353,976 times
Reputation: 5786
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknotion View Post
Chicago has a better club scene than NYC. The clubs are all high end and no dance floors in NYC. Its a bar, lounge, restaurant scene in NYC, Philly, and Boston. Which is good if you are into that but club scene sucks on the east coast.
that isn't true about NYC at all... unless they closed them ALL down (I know several closed)...they do have more of the "exclusive lounge" stuff though than Chicago...where Chicago still has some anybody can go, less strict dress code party spots...and statistically drinks new york under the table as far as alcohol consumption goes.
I was there a lot between 98-01 and the club scene there then was better than anything I've seen in Chicago, a lot of those are closed now though as well as tons of the rock/punk places... now that I think of it one of only big ones that I remember that is still open is Webster Hall but it seems a lot more commercial than it used to be.

Last edited by grapico; 06-23-2010 at 06:05 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top