Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 2,948 times

Advertisements

These posts are not all true. For example, I am moving out of state and no longer have the use for my CTA card, Chicago Card Plus. I purchased the credit on my card through an employer pre tax dollars program. Since my employer has changed companies I have no way of receiving a refund. This is what they have told me multiple times. The card has $167 on it. Should I just toss it? I think not. I intend on hopefully selling on craigslist so that I do not loose the full $167. If anyone is interested looking to sale between now and end of June (when I leave for Ohio) email ddavies711@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 09:24 AM

45 posts, read 105,380 times
I would be really careful about it. Any frequent CTA rider can tell of a time they were approached by someone with a day or month pass they were trying to sell. The thing is, it's very easy to alter them to look new.

The ink on the back of the cards can be wiped off easily. What they often do with the packaging is rub some vinegar on the opening and then put a little heat to it. It reseals the plastic and leaves no visible reside so it looks legit, but you can still smell it. A little trick of the trade.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,678,955 times
Don't do it.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 635 times
Perhaps some people scam with this, but I am trying to legitimately sell mine on Craigslist right now. I bought a bunch a month ago before the price hike because I thought I was staying here, but I am moving after all. Anyways, not everyone is a crook in Chicago, although the crooked city government is the main reason I am leaving.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 PM

928 posts, read 1,712,931 times
Oh, well before you go, I'm the king of Zamunda and would like to wire some money into your account while I clear up the issues I'm having with my bank. If you give me your account info, including account holder's full name, address, SSN and mother's maiden name, I can transfer it to you for temporary holding, then let you keep 20% of it as a thank you! Please kindly respond for more details.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:03 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,342,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhendricks View Post
Perhaps some people scam with this, but I am trying to legitimately sell mine on Craigslist right now. I bought a bunch a month ago before the price hike because I thought I was staying here, but I am moving after all. Anyways, not everyone is a crook in Chicago, although the crooked city government is the main reason I am leaving.
If they're still sealed in their wrappers, then you shouldn't have much to worry about. If you were dumb and unwrapped then, then you're SOL.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,336 times
I wouldn't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago