Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 AM

2,686 posts, read 7,870,982 times

Advertisements

Special,

You clearly did not ride the short bus to school and from your posts are attractive and I can tell articulate.

You need to try speed dating. You get all professionals and they even group it by age and interest.

I ultimately met my girlfriend a different way but it was good practice and much better than the internet. In the first 3 minutes you can tell a lot about a person and whether or not you want to see them again.

I am sure they have events all over the city, though most of them will be on the north side. If a guy is not into you or you are not into them, no big deal. You only spent 3 minutes and there are another 20 people you will meet in the next hour or so.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
Well, OP and other ladies, what else can anyone suggest?
No one wants to try or try again at meeting someone on-line
Nobody wants to do the approaching themselves
Some feel that every non-black man that approaches are fulfilling a fantasy
Some feel that the Chicago black/non-black men are too limited in their thinking and not cultured enough

So, with all of these hang-ups, I really don't know what else can be suggested for my fellow thin, smiling sistas. Best of luck to you all though.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Default Parker

Again, I say try speed dating. You get a room full of people who are looking to date. You can self-select who you want to see again so long as they are interested as well. Much better than trying to meet someone online who uses glamour shot picture from 5 years and 50 lbs ago.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 AM

829 posts, read 2,088,639 times
The only time it's really socially acceptable for young white guys to socially date a black girl, is when that black girl is friends with alot of the white girls that the white guy hangs out with. That shows him that the other white girls in his social group view her as being ok to socialize with. That he can openly date this blck girl, and not feel isolated or weird when going out and being seen by everyone else, or later being cut off from dating some white girls that know about it who may perceive it as him being desperate. I heard online dating mentioned. What about online dating? That seems like a safe way for a white guy to meet a black girl and not be seen with her by people who know him. Do black women even have a hard time attracting white men through online dating? There are just so many more guys of every race on any online dating site then there are woman. On some of the more popular pay sites its like 5 to 1. The guys are way more likely to be paying members and the girls only sign up if a guy they like emails them. I would recommend online dating for black women looking to date white guys over trying to meet in social scenes. Who has tried it? what kind of guys did you meet if any?

Last edited by allen2323; 09-28-2010 at 09:26 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 09:24 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
Again, I say try speed dating. You get a room full of people who are looking to date. You can self-select who you want to see again so long as they are interested as well. Much better than trying to meet someone online who uses glamour shot picture from 5 years and 50 lbs ago.
That is a good suggestion. But I'm sure it will be shot down. For some reason, everything that has been mentioned in this thread just isn't doable for these ladies.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:28 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen2323 View Post
The only time it's really socially acceptable for young white men to socially date a black girl, is when that black girl is friends with alot of the white girls that the white guy hangs out with. That shows him that the other white girls in his social group view her as being ok to socialize with.
I wager the same taboo exists for white girls and black guys. This doesn't stop 'em from dating though.

Anyway, a lot of white girls like black guys BECAUSE it's taboo. She feels noticed and it turns heads when she walks down the street with a black guy. Her father told her to stay away from "his kind" but she knows he's perfectly nice and a great guy.

No, this isn't always what's going on in a white girl-black guy relationship but it's still prevalent.

Last edited by urza216; 09-28-2010 at 10:01 AM..

Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Since I no longer live in Chicago, I have a question. Are there any black and white clubs where singles meet? If so, what is worng with them?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:45 PM

Default Black/White lounge in Oak Park

There is a club/lounge in Oak Park on Lake near Oak Park Avenue, next to Red Hen Bread that has lots of mixed yuppie couples. I am not into jazz but my girlfriend wants to go as it is within a couple of blocks of where I live.

It is a pretty small place but looks pretty classy. 720 in the city has people of all races.

Nothing wrong with clubs that cater to people with different interests.

I still think the speed dating thing is the way to go though as you get to meet 20-30 professionals within a couple hours who are looking to date.

I actually met my girlfriend at a bar and we have been together 2 years and even live together but I do not think we are the norm. Many are just looking to 1 night hook-up.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
How about the overweight/unattractive white girls that you often see with black guys in less affluent areas? What is going on there?
A black guy can make an overweight/unattractive white girl feel more sexy than a white guy ever could..

Old 09-28-2010, 04:06 PM

736 posts, read 1,695,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
A black guy can make an overweight/unattractive white girl feel more sexy than a white guy ever could..
This is true. I don't know why, but (most) white guys seem to be more picky about appearance. Although I'm basing this on white guys in the southeastern US, I don't know about white guys in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago