Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:11 PM

207 posts, read 506,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
I agree. I think Kelly Rowland is possibly sexier than Beyonce. Go figure.
OK now you have went wayyy too far! kelly sexier than Beyonce? Really??

Im not a fan of either but....come on. Last man on Earth, 2 women left, one has to go and you're gonna keep Kelly???

STOP IT!!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
This is really sad that you will say this about black women. Just sad.

At least African men uplift their women. I was on a Nigerian forum and many of the black men on there found tons of positive things to say about the women in their country. Too bad the same can't be said for African American men.

Sometimes, I wonder how do you view the women in your family? If you have a sister or an aunt who has trouble dating, do you tell her its because she's too fat, too old, and promiscous ?
Maybe Nigerians say uplifting things about the women in their country, because the culture is completely different than ours and the Nigerian women are actually respectable...and nothing like what us African American men have to deal with. I actually had an experience that is perfect for this. I used to work with a Nigerian named Anthony, we worked around at least 200 African American women and he had zero respect for them! He thought they were beneath him, at the time I thought he was crazy, I was only 22....but after I dated a Nigerian girl years later I realized they are not the same type of women, and I understood his perspective.

Why do African American women feel they should be uplifted, respected, and praised....when the majority of them dont behave in ways that are deserving of this treatment. Its sad that the small percentage of respectable ones have to suffer for the actions of the majority but....hey this is the sad reality. And there are some very very very great African American women out there but finding them is such an arduous process that one can grow tired and simply give up! Especially African American men who can attract women outside of the Afr American dating pool, they are definitely not dealing with the grunt work to find these diamonds in the rough.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:41 PM

121 posts, read 216,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
Why do African American women feel they should be uplifted, respected, and praised....when the majority of them dont behave in ways that are deserving of this treatment.

I hope you don't have any daughters.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post

Sometimes, I wonder how do you view the women in your family? If you have a sister or an aunt who has trouble dating, do you tell her its because she's too fat, too old, and promiscous ?
I have a bunch of overweight loud mouth cousins and aunts who need to find a treadmill. Some of them like being overweight because they equate it to being a "grown up"! Yea a bunch fat cows who sit around the kitchen table gossiping, judging, and down talking African American men any chance they can. Matriarch mentality women who are passing there disgusting behaviors off to the next generation of women....so yeah this is what I think about some of the women in my family...my mother doesnt fit in here, but I have a younger sister who wasnt raised in the community I was raised in, who is well on her way to this....but plenty of cousins and aunts who fit the bill.

I tell the truth!! these women are nothing to praise or uphold!!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post

I hope you don't have any daughters.
If I did I would not raise her in a community where the values are out of whack, in a place where she would learn to be insecure, low self-value, low self-esteem, how to be self-centered and arrogant. Its all about upbringing.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:53 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
OK now you have went wayyy too far! kelly sexier than Beyonce? Really??

Im not a fan of either but....come on. Last man on Earth, 2 women left, one has to go and you're gonna keep Kelly???

STOP IT!!
My husband and my god brother have both said the same thing. Both prefer Kelly to Beyonce.

My god brother would also kick both out of bed for Jill Scott.

Different strokes I guess. LOL

Old 01-02-2012, 06:56 PM

117 posts, read 128,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
My husband and my god brother have both said the same thing. Both prefer Kelly to Beyonce.

Different strokes I guess. LOL

Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 PM

121 posts, read 216,682 times
Quote:
If I did I would not raise her in a community where the values are out of whack, in a place where she would learn to be insecure, low self-value, low self-esteem, how to be self-centered and arrogant. Its all about upbringing.
So you'd basically raise her in a vacuum? Cool.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Somebody is lying....I dont know if its you or its your brother! But someone is lying for the sake of proving a point!

Old 01-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRise View Post
So you'd basically raise her in a vacuum? Cool.
Oh I get it, you've never lived in a decent neighborhood where crime and ignorant hoodlums dont exist. It sounds like a fairytale to you! LMAO! Well honey it does exist, and they are everywhere..just open your eyes....and you can join the rest of us, just take the first step and make a decision to move out of the hood. Its ok! We wont judge you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago