Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times

Advertisements

It is not a bad thing for Chicagoans to discuss social issues related to dating. These issues are not novel to one group or to one neighbothood. It seems to cross social and economic lines.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
How can this topic be discussed without including the black male, too?

"Single Black women of Chicago- What's the dating scene like?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
As a matter of fact yes. Now all of a sudden the issue is specifically with the Chicago blacks LOL

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
How can this topic be discussed without including the black male, too?

"Single Black women of Chicago- What's the dating scene like?"
Of course they can participate. I'm not talking about all of them in my last post. I'm referring to the "Chicago breeds a bad batch of black people" posts and those that agree with this stupidity.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:51 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,544 times
I would like the discourse to please go back to the original intent of this thread.

I specifically directed the question to single black women. No offence to all you great men-regardless of race-who responded, but this is a female and important issue for me. It could mean the difference of whether I accomplish my dream of marriage and kids or whether I fall into the terrible statistic that unfortunately plagues a lot of African American women. I also want a city where I don't feel like I am an anomaly, where racial differences are accepted. The last couple of days, the info I have gotten is that there's racial tension in Chicago and that scares me.

I do not want a race argument- that's a topic that never ends-. I don't want a feminist war. I just want some real, unvarnished opinions from single black women on what the dating scene is like. And if you are a white/hispanic/or other ethnicity male, dating a black woman, please feel free to chime in

I have found that states differ in their ease of dating, acceptance of interracial dating and other factors and that's the type of information I am trying to gather.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
I love when males who are not black in any sense of the word try to voice their piece on the dating habits or lifestyles of black women, whom they may have never dated themselves in their lives. Always makes for uh, interesting dialect.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:12 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,769 times
Well every board should reflect the culture of said area, no?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:23 PM

207 posts, read 506,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Well every board should reflect the culture of said area, no?
I guess you're right...so for me to expect anything else only reveals my own sanity or lack of it.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:44 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,343,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxCub Fan View Post
What is with all of this "close the thread" talk????LMAO OMG this isnt real life man...this is a forum....a message board for Pete's sake....its not that serious...I doubt that this post will do any harm to the overall site....what are you all so afraid of???...grow a set please..are you all men or mice. The fear on this board freakin is unbelievable. MAN UP PLEASE!!

You want this thread to close so you can continue running around this city and board PRETENDING as if Chicago is this beautiful utopia when its really not. This city is racist and segregated like no other city in America just face it. There are problems within the black community due to slavery...YES WE WERE SLAVES, enslaved by European descendants in America its A FACT. Does this have anything to do with the original post YES it does indirectly!!!

YOU CAN STOP SHIVVERING NOW!!!

LIFE IS MADE OF POSITIVES AND NEGATIVES ONLY THE INSANE PRETEND THAT IT IS EITHER OR!!
dude, be quiet will ya? turn off the caps lock and stop yelling. you're hurting my ears

you've been on this forum for just about 3 weeks and have 12 posts to your name. guess what? there is a sort of order that must be maintained w/in forums. in case you didn't read the terms of service, hijacking threads is a big no-no. the OP wasn't about slavery (where the HECK did that come from? Indentured Servant, is that you?), or reasons why blacks in Chicago are subpar and black women even less so in the eyes of some men. the OP asked a questioned and it wasn't answered. this question turned into a debate best suited for the relationship forum or even the P&OC forum given the rate it's deteriorated.

calm down and stick around a bit longer and you'll learn that forums function best when threads stick to the original topic.

to the OP, assuming you're still around: as a black woman, I haven't had much trouble dating and meeting people in Chicago. for me personally, I've met more people at school, but I've also struck up interesting conversations w/ guys at open mics, bars, even clubs (though the latter two can be iffy. don't expect to automatically find Mr. Right at these places). the key, regardless of your race, is to hang out in places that interest you. if you like sports and want to meet guys that do, hang out in sport bars. check out universities for free events that attract college educated folks. I don't think there's any major differences in dating in various cities. the technique is really the same, it's just the demographics that may differ. I know multiple people currently involved in IR relationships and have had little issues that I know of. from my own personal experience, Chicago doesn't seem to have na issue w/ IR, it's mainly an issue w/ some individuals who push their views on others

Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Eevee is pretty level headed. She is among the tops in this forum in my book.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:54 PM

207 posts, read 506,689 times
hey eevee i've been reading this forum for years, relax sweetie I got this!!! At any rate I do apologize for getting a little hostile
Spoiler
, but I dont apologize for pointing the racist finger to a particular individual...that was from the heart,
I call it as I see it. Linicx gave me an infraction for it and it was well worth it. But out of respect for him I will tone it down and keep it PG for the rest of the ride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago