U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 09:02 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,615,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
No, they are no longer called Junior Colleges. They are called City Colleges now.
It has been quite a few years since they were called Junior Colleges.
Now you can tell how long it has been since I have lived there!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 09:04 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,115,735 times
Isn't Daley College on the city's south side a jr. college as well?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:57 AM

3,973 posts, read 9,249,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYrules View Post
Isn't Daley College on the city's south side a jr. college as well?

Yeah it's one of the seven city colleges of Chicago

Harold Washington College (30E. Lake st.)
Malcolm X College (1900W. Van Buren st.)
Kennedy-King College (6800S. Wentworth ave.)
Daley College (7500S. Pulaski ave.)
Truman College (1145W. Wilson ave.)
Wright College (4300N. Narragansett ave.)
Olive-Harvey College (10001S. Woodlawn ave.)

Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 PM

11,973 posts, read 28,934,608 times
Why are all of them in such terrible neighborhoods (with the exception of Harold Washington)? Living in Uptown, I've always thought the area around Truman was the worst part of the neighborhood. But it's interesting to note that this is probalby the best location for any of them that aren't in the Loop!

http://www.sacscreenprinting.com/catalog/images/JC.gif

Last edited by aragx6; 09-12-2008 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: looks like this is probably copyrighted

Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM

15,587 posts, read 24,542,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Why are all of them in such terrible neighborhoods (with the exception of Harold Washington)? Living in Uptown, I've always thought the area around Truman was the worst part of the neighborhood. But it's interesting to note that this is probalby the best location for any of them that aren't in the Loop!

Wright is not in a terrible neighborhood.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 PM

2,288 posts, read 5,636,326 times
Nor is Daley, which is located in a solidly middle class neighborhood. And Olive Harvey might not be in a great area, but it's not horrible, and it's right off the Bishop Ford, so you don't even need to drive through the neighborhood.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:26 PM

526 posts, read 971,398 times
you have to love daley college
lol.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:29 PM

526 posts, read 971,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post

if that is not the most stereotypical small paragraph I have ever read.
may i ask where do you live at?
you must not live in chicago nor the suburbs, becuase most people know that daley is in a great neighborhood seeing as i drive and take the bus down pulaski everyday to get to work and back. Not to mention how much the houses around there are going for.
BUT!! ON THE OTHER HAND FORD CITY DOES NO JUSTICE BEING ON THE WESTSIDE OF THE CAMPUS BY CICERO. IT JUST MAKES THAT AREA LOOK TRASHY they need to redo ford city so it looks nice again

Old 07-03-2009, 01:50 PM

6 posts, read 9,761 times
Default City/Community Colleges

I want to get a fresh start back in school, and I'm trying to explore my options with any smaller, cheaper city or community colleges where I could spend a few years completing basic classes. I want to study elementary education or something along those lines, so does anyone have any suggestions for good options I could look into that wouldn't be too long of a commute? (I live in Wrigeyville) Any help will be taken into consideration and much appreciated.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 PM

393 posts, read 1,110,560 times
All the City Colleges near you (Wright, Truman and Harold Washington) are the same quality. Just go to the nearest one unless there is a particular course you need at another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago